Luke Alvez- Worry (c)

With your husband working for the FBI, you knew that every time he went on a case, there was a chance that he wouldn't be coming home. He had a dangerous job but it was for all the right reasons that he did it, wanting to keep everyone safe and do the best for people but that didn't mean that you could wave the worry that was on your mind. Every night he was away, you'd be unable to sleep easy, not just because you'd be in bed alone but because you feared you'd miss a phone call from his work, telling you that the worst had happened.

Each of their cases rarely stuck to the expected time limit so when you were meant to be expecting Luke home yesterday, you tried not to worry about it but every passing minute, you struggled to keep your concerns under wrap. You waited on the sofa throughout the day, almost jumping out of your skin at every noise until the front door finally unlocked and opened.

You jumped up and ran to the door to greet him. Although you were happy to see Luke, you were shocked to see the sorrow expression on his face along with the blood and bruises.

"What the hell happened?" You exclaimed.

You pulled him into a tight embrace until he let out a scream of pain.

"I broke two ribs," he grunted.

"I'm sorry," you said jumping back.

Quickly, you became overwhelmed with emotion and tears fell upon your cheeks. Luke didn't know why you were crying, as he was trying his best to keep in his own tears from the accidental pain that you had caused.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked, wrapping an arm around you, trying not to hurt himself anymore than he already was.

"I can't lose you," you croaked, tears continuing to fall. "I just can't, I definitely can't... not now."

Your hand instinctively touched your stomach, forcing Luke to look towards it as well.

"What do you mean?" He asked. "Are you..."

"Luke, I'm pregnant," you whispered. "And I'm scared more than ever to lose you as I don't think I could ever handle this by myself."

A soft smile curled onto his lips as he leaned in to kiss you lovingly.

"We're having a baby?" He smiled.

You nodded your head.

If he could have held you tight and span you around, he would have but seen as he was battered and bruised, it was best to just smile and wait until he felt better to show you how overjoyed he was with the news.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.