Kate Callahan- Fainted (h)

You enjoyed where you worked, you got on with your co-workers and your job was something that allowed you to help people.

Sometimes, it was hard and the things you saw sucked but you knew that the people who actually went through it had it worse off, you just wanted to help them get past it all.

There weren't really any good cases per say – there were cases that ended better than others, and then there were cases that could have definitely got better.

Somehow your team managed to handle it all and still functioned well.

The most recent case was over, so you and the rest of the team were on the jet back to Quantico.

Everyone was scattered around the jet; David was reading, JJ was sat with Emily, Morgan was relaxing with his headphones on, Hotch was staring out of the window, you and Reid were playing a card game and Kate was just watching the two of you play.

"You know, I have never seen you two play cards together" Kate said as you and Spencer stared at each other over the top of the cards you were holding.

Spencer chuckled, "We play cards all the time at home" he states and then he looked at you "Do you have any fives Darling?" he quizzed.

Go Fish was an entertaining card game, especially when you were both sleep deprived and attempting to remember what the person said last time.

"Go Fish Sweetheart" you told him, which caused him to sigh and pick up a card from the deck before placing it into his hand.

Kate giggled from beside you, so you turned to her, "What's so funny Kate?" you asked with a smile on your face.

She just smiled at you innocently "It's just, we all know that you two have been together since childhood, right?" she asked to make sure she was correct and you nodded "Well, I have seen relationships be a thing for a matter of months and they fizzle out" she explained.

Spencer put his cards face down, and looked over at Kate "It's different for Y/N and me" he shrugged as he talked.

You smiled over at your husband "We were friends prior to even thinking about dating, and since we got married it kind of just got better" you said simply.

Spencer got up from his seat and kissed the top of your head before disappearing into the bathroom.

"How are you doing by the way?" you asked Kate, placing your cards down also.

Kate placed her hands on her stomach "I'm doing okay, it was a surprise but I wouldn't change anything" she smiled as she spoke and her smile was infectious "What about you? I'm honestly surprised that you and Spencer haven't had children yet" she said and you blushed slightly which caused her to gasp "Oh my...are you?" she asked quietly and you nodded subtly, "Why haven't you told him yet?" she quizzed further.

You shrugged "I don't know...just couldn't find the right time" you explained to her.

Kate slowly stood up, and cleared her throat so everyone would look at her "I think Mrs Reid here has an announcement to make" she exclaimed and you followed suit with standing up.

It was at that point that Spencer came out of the bathroom, and looked confused when he saw the rest of the team looking towards his wife expectantly.

Kate looked over at you, and nudged you lightly to urge you on.

You took a deep breath and looked straight at Spencer "I'm going to have a baby" you announced and your announcement was met with multiple gasps and then something hitting the floor.

Your husband fainted.

~*~

Written by Hannah.