Russ Montgomery- Injury (c)

Your job was very rewarding, and you wouldn't change it for anything. Being able to travel to world and see places that you had always wanted to see was a good enough element in itself but saving people from danger and returning them to families who were desperately missing them made you incredibly happy. You wished that you could stop the people from getting into situations that caused them so much pain and suffering but if you couldn't stop it from happening, you were going to do everything in your power to make sure that as many of those stories had a happy ending.

Having returned another person from across the seas, you would consider it a good achievement but the pain that shot through you meant that you had some regrets. Your team had gone to England to find an American girl who had gone missing whilst studying there, she had now been reunited with her family which was a good thing, but things hadn't gone so smoothly when searching for her. Sometimes things didn't go as planned and this was one of those times.

As you made your way back into the office that your team shared when in the states and your technical analyst worked full time. For the next couple of months, it would also be where you would be working too. When you walked into the office you caught the eye of your boyfriend Monty who rushed to your side. The case had taken a little longer than it should have due to a hospital visit but you were glad to be back with your boyfriend now.

"Y/N," he exclaimed pulling you into a bone crushing hug, forcing a pain-filled scream to escape you.

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot," he apologised, leaning down to kiss you.

The kiss was as desperate as the hug. You didn't like being apart for so long and you couldn't imagine the pain he got put through when he was told what had happened to you.

Back in England, you had been pursuing an unsub when you were cornered by them and forced to manually take them down alone. Sadly, you didn't know they were armed and ended up with a knife in your abdomen and a good few days in a hospital bed. You weren't allowed back in the field for quite some time and had more doctors' appointments than you could remember but you hoped things would heal in the way that they should.

"I missed you," you smiled softly, doing your best to not outwardly show your pain.

"I missed you too. How are you feeling?" He asked, concerned for your health.

"I'm better, Monty," you said gently. "I just needed to drop my stuff off and hoped you could drive me home as your shift was up two hours ago but wanted to wait for me," you said in a faux firm tone.

He gave you an innocent smile, having not wanted you to go home on your own after such an injury.

"Let's get you home," he said, leaning in to press his lips to your forehead.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.