Matthew Simmons- Daughter: Part 4 (c)

Five hours later you were in the police station holding your little girl again. You were told she wasn't hurt and she had slept through a lot of it so would likely be fine, she was just happy to be back with her mother. Once you were told you could leave, you looked for Matt but couldn't find it, so you turned to his colleague.

"Agent Jareau," you smiled softly, still holding your daughter.

"Hi," she smiled in return before reaching out a hand to wave at your daughter. "Hello there."

"Hi," your daughter whispered, curling into your neck.

"How can I help you?" She asked.

"Have you seen Agent Simmons?"

She looked around but shook her head. "He left I think." She stated. "He told me about the two of you, he'll come back. He might have gone to talk to Agent Prentiss about getting time off, he said he wants to stay around here for a bit to get to know you again."

You nodded your head solemnly. Maybe he just left and had changed his mind about you and Anna. Maybe he didn't want anything to do with either of you and would never come back. You thanked her for her help before heading out to your car to drive her home.

After such an ordeal, you were surprised about how normal everything seemed. As soon as you got home, it felt as though it was a normal day. Anna asked to play, so you let her loose on the toys she had in the living room before deciding to order in dinner as a special treat. You played with the toys along with Anna until you heard the door go.

You expected the food delivery person to be there when you opened the door but it wasn't.

"Matt?" You couldn't help but smile.

He held two large bags in his hands.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

You gestured for him to come into the house.

"I'm sorry for leaving the station earlier. I panicked, and I wanted to get something for Anna but then I realised I don't know what she liked so I bought most of the shop," he shrugged.

A laugh escaped you. Years ago, the two of you were so excited to start a family and here you were now with a two-year-old daughter who didn't know her father.

"I'm sure she'll love what ever you got her," you smiled. "Anna."

Your daughter ran over to you, instantly wanting to be picked up.

"Anna, honey, this is someone very special, he's your dad," you smiled softly. "He's saved all the princesses he needs to for now."

She grinned reaching out to be held by Matt.

"Hello," he said softly. "I'm sorry for not being here but I will be around now."

Anna smiled hugging him tightly as he turned his attention back to you.

"My boss has given me a week off. I'm going to find somewhere to stay near here if that's okay. I want to be in both of your lives."

"We want you in our lives too. And if you wanted, we have a spare bedroom," you smiled gently.

He nodded, "Thank you Y/N. I hope we can work something out. Even if we can't work out, we can figure out something for her."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by