Jennifer Jareau- New (h)

A new relationship was always something to get used to.

You were still figuring out things about each other – their likes, their dislikes, their favourite place or their not so favourite place.

It was all so exciting and strange at the same time, but your relationship with Jennifer, it was as if you had already known each other for years.

The two of you had been together for three months, and it had been some of the best three months you had experienced in a while.

Whilst the two of you had been together, you were yet to have seen any of her work or case files.

Technically she shouldn't show you anyway, but you knew there would be times where she would need to vent about something that happened or confess a nightmare to be comforted.

It was a Friday night, and you were staying at Jennifer's as she had the weekend off for once.

Jennifer had gone for a shower, whilst you cooked dinner so you wanted to clean up the dining room – but all of Jennifer's stuff was over said dining table.

You took it upon yourself to clean it up for her but as you were cleaning, a crime scene photo fell out of the piles of paper.

As you picked it up, you couldn't help but be shocked at the sheer brutality shown towards the victim.

"You don't always react like that y'know. After a while anyway," your girlfriend's voice shook you out of your staring competition with the picture.

You turned to face her. "How can you handle these things? You see it and you can't help but wonder why this happened to them, what they did to deserve this, how on earth they got their life ended so abruptly."

She sighed, coming towards you and gently taking the photo out of your hands.

"I know it doesn't seem like much to you, but I just can't imagine being able to look at something like that all the time."

Jennifer pulled you into a hug. "That's why you don't work with us Love. Some people just don't deserve to be involved in this kind of thing."

She then pressed a kiss to the top of your head, and pulled away to look down at you slightly.

"We do this job because we enjoy it. Yes, there are absolutely horrible aspects of it, but we all go through the same boat and we help each other."

You nodded in acknowledgement, and then leant up to press a kiss to Jennifer's lips.

"Now how about that great cooking of yours?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.