Spencer Reid- First Date (h)

If you were being honest you fully blamed all those cliché tv shows and classic teen romance films for you completely unrealistic expectations of a first date.

It was pretty obvious that no guy was going to give you a candlelit picnic or a lake trip for a first date. The likelihood was you were either going to get a trip to the cinema or a meal at some random restaurant.

That's not to say that you didn't like the typical first dates but you being a romantic at heart did mean you craved something ever so slightly different.

And Spencer knew that.

The two of you weren't new to each other, you'd been introduced to him properly through JJ, but he'd seen you multiple times at her house babysitting the boys.

But he did know you well enough to know how much of a romantic you were – that and JJ liked to talk his ear off about you.

You had managed to make your crush on Spencer somewhat obvious to JJ and once she'd figured out that Spencer had a crush on you too there was no way she was letting it go.

And so that lead to you being incredibly nervous as you stood outside Spencer's apartment, practically shaking because you were so nervous but at the same time you were excited to see what Spencer had planned.

You knocked on his door and didn't have to wait very long for it to be opened.

"Y/N! Hi!" Spencer greeted you with a beaming smile and it was easy to return the smile.

He invited you inside and you gasped at the sight that greeted you.

Spencer had completely transformed his living room – there were blankets and pillows all over the floor, his sofa had been pushed back and he'd hung up some sheets to make it look like a fort with fairy lights everywhere.

"How did you do this?" you asked in complete and utter surprise.

Spencer chuckled as a light blush dusted his cheeks. "JJ never stops talking about the stuff you like," he told you. "And I know what you like but I wanted to do something a little different – we can always go for dinner if it's not-"

"No!" you cut him off. "This is amazing Spence, it's so different."

He smiled before offering you his hand, you took it and he led you over to the floor of blankets.

You couldn't quite believe your surroundings. It all just seemed so perfect, and you could tell how much effort Spencer had put in which made butterflies appear.

When you eventually looked to Spencer you realised that he'd basically been staring at you and when he saw that he'd been caught, he turned his eyes to the ground.

"I've definitely not had a first date like this before," you mused out loud.

Spencer looked back to you as he blushed. "I wanted to impress you," he admitted. "And I'm hopeful that this isn't our last date."

You shook your head with a smile. "This definitely won't be our last date."

~*~

Written by Hannah.