Spencer Reid- Childhood (h)

Your hometown was Las Vegas, Nevada and despite growing up in Las Vegas, you were a pretty calm and collected individual.

You preferred to stay indoors at times, and you had a definite passion for reading.

When you were growing up, the majority of the time you were found reading in your bedroom or in your local library. Sure, from time to time you enjoyed going out with your friends and you had a few relationships every now and then, but you loved literature and always wanted to work being surrounded by it.

Because of your love, you got a job as a librarian at your local and childhood library – you often read to the nursery children around lunch time, and the primary school children around 4 o'clock once they were out of school.

The kids seemed to love it, and you liked to do it too because they ended up becoming so engaged in the stories that you would read to them, the looks on their faces just made it all worth it.

You'd just finished up reading the nursery children 'The Hungry Caterpillar' and they completely loved it.

"That's the end for today" you told them as you closed the book. The parents of the children, started to pick their children up and left, all of them thanking you as they walked out.

"Bye Miss Y/N" a little girl told you, her name was Lucy and she was a regular at the library.

You bent down to hug her, "Be good Lucy, see you tomorrow" you told her as she grasped her father's hand. She nodded with a small smile on her face, before leaving with her father.

You started to pack away all of the pillows that the children were sitting on, and the stuffed animals that were all over the place.

Someone cleared their throat at the doorway, and you turned to see who it was and when you did, a smile grew on your face.

You had been in a long-distance relationship with your childhood friend, Spencer Reid, for around a year.

You lived next door to Spencer when you were little, and the two of you used to read together – well more Spencer reading to you to begin with, as a result of his impeccable intelligence.

Because of Spencer being in the BAU, he lived in Quantico and you were planning to surprise him by moving out there but you hadn't had the chance to tell him.

"Tell me Miss Y/N, is The Hungry Caterpillar a good read?" he asked with a smile on his face.

You ran towards him, and he engulfed you into a hug before kissing the top of your head.

You pulled away from him slightly, just so that you could look up at him "Yes, the children love it so I think you would too" you told him with a joking tone.

You then remembered that you had the confirmation of your flight to Quantico, and your confirmation of your new job at a library in Quantico – only five to ten minutes away from the BAU – in which you were going to be doing the exact same job as the library in Las Vegas.

"Actually," you started as you pulled away from Spencer, to walk towards your bag "I do have some things that I want you to read" you told him, grabbing the two documents.

By then, Spencer had sat down on a chair that the parents usually sit on. You handed him the documents, and he looked at you with a confused face before reading the both of them.

Spencer finished reading them, and then pulled you into his lap "You're moving to Quantico?" he asked with surprise present in his voice.

"Yes, I wanted to surprise you and as you have surprised me here, I figured it was time" you told him as you shrugged your shoulders, "However, I haven't quite figured out my living arrangements yet – I need to start scouting for an apartment" you started to explain, and Spencer just listened to you "I rent my current flat, so the majority of the furniture needs to stay in the flat and the only stuff that's mine is all the decorations and such as well as my clothes" you continued to explain to your boyfriend.

Spencer tightened his grip on you, "You can move in with me, that way all you need to bring is your clothes and all of your personal stuff – you don't need to buy any more furniture" he suggested with a smile.

"I am contributing with bills and other things though Spence" you said firmly, as you had no intention to just live and not pay for anything.

~*~

Written by Hannah.