Aaron Hotchner- Lights (h)

Getting into the Christmas spirit had never been a difficult thing for you, but you knew that other people weren't always as inclined to get into that kind of spirit.

Around the office some people had their own little trees on their desks or a Santa or a snowman here and there, but no one had fully decorated the place.

The BAU wasn't a place that could be made happy easily, especially with some of the things that were discussed around there, but you were willing to try.

You'd roped David into putting up lights down the corridor with you, but he'd had a call from Derek and Spencer to help with the tree, so he'd left you to tackle the conference room by yourself.

No one had told Aaron as they knew that he'd moan about it but if it was done before he could moan then it would be okay.

Aaron had no issue with you decorating the house, but he wasn't always too keen on it in the office.

As you were on the stool to stick the lights to the wall in the conference room, Aaron walked in and had a confused expression on his face when he saw you on your tip toes.

"What are you doing Love?"

You turned to him and smiled. "We need some Christmas spirit in this place, especially with how ghastly some of these cases are."

Aaron sighed at you before going to help you with some of the lights. "We aren't even here around Christmas Love so why put all this effort in?"

"Even if we aren't, the lights make people happy and this room needs some cheer in it – Penelope always tells us so."

He chuckled but still didn't seem convinced. "They won't be up for long."

You rolled your eyes at him as you focused on getting the lights staying where they needed to be. "Come on Aaron, try and embrace Christmas in the office."

When you were satisfied with the lights, you stepped down and turned to Aaron to see him with his arms crossed.

"It really isn't that difficult you know."

He shrugged. "We don't even have a tree in here," he stated in some form of defence.

You laughed as a smirk graced your face. "Have you not been curious as to where the rest of your team are Agent Hotchner?"

"You didn't," he stated as realisation crossed his face.

"They are all on missions of their own."

He groaned in a joking fashion. "Why must you be so insistent on bringing Christmas everywhere you go?"

"Because it is the best time of year."

~*~

Written by Hannah.