Aaron Hotchner- Picnic (h)

You had always loved working with children, it was something that you just couldn't describe.

Something different would happen each day, and no day was ever the same as the one before it.

The children were just so unpredictable, you were never able to decipher whatever was running through their heads.

Technically, you weren't supposed to have favourites in your class but secretly, there was one little lad who you just adored.

The little lad in question was Jack Hotchner, and his Dad wasn't so bad either.

You were fully aware of everything that Jack had been through, and you honestly couldn't imagine what both Jack and Arron had to cope with.

Some people may have found it wrong that you found a student's Dad attractive, but Aaron Hotchner was one fine man.

Even though you knew nothing could happen between the two of you, you still admired him.

It was the family picnic day at your school, and all of your children had been excited about it for weeks.

You were sat on a picnic blanket, by yourself, watching over all of your children interacting with their families.

Your gaze landed on Jack sitting with his Dad, and who you believed to be his Dad's work colleagues – but Jack referred to them as his Aunts and Uncles.

Aaron looked up and made eye contact with you, he smiled whilst you lifted your hand to wave at him.

A couple of minutes later, Aaron got up from where he was sat and made his way over to your blanket.

He sat down next to you "Hello Y/N" he greeted you.

You smiled at him "Hi Aaron. It's a change to see you not in a suit" you joked with him slightly.

He chuckled at your response "It's strange to not be in one" he stated.

Continuing to smile, you began to fiddle with a daisy that you picked from the ground.

"Y/N?" Aaron spoke up, causing you to turn to him, "I need to tell you something" he commented.

You then began to get slightly worried "Is everything okay? It is something to do with Jack?" you quickly questioned him.

He shook his head, a faint smile on his face, "It's nothing like that" he reassured you "I wanted to say that I'm not going to deny these things anymore" he explained.

His words confused you, as you definitely had no idea what he was talking about.

He sighed when he saw the confused expression on your face "Y/N, I have no idea on whether or not you could even think about feeling the same" he began to explain himself "Now I know you're Jack's teacher, and that it may be somewhat frowned upon, however I am going to go out on a limb here" he was watching for your reactions whilst he spoke "What would you say to going to dinner with me?" he finally asked.

You couldn't help but smile as you placed your hand over his "I'm free tonight"

~*~

Written by Hannah.