Rapunzel

She's 15 and she's alive.
She'd fallen in love with life but never felt she got any love in return and she was okay with that because there was enough love to go around and someone would love her one day.
She liked to talk about the skies and stars, about the way they shined, but there were no ears around to hear, so the stars became her friends and I think it made her sad.
She had so much hope. She dreamt of the day that someone would stop by and save her from her dragon tower because it would the equivalent of her despair disappearing and her sorrows being lifted, but after so long, that thread of hope got cut and there's no string left to pull, so really don't bother.
Now, she isn't in love with life and the stars don't seem to shine so bright and her whole world is dim and gray. She spent her whole life in that tower of sadness, but she'd learned to ignore it and embrace all the happiness she could, but then the years past and that sadness began eating her up inside and she couldn't embrace happiness any longer.
She became bitter and angry. She hated the stars and their every bright existence and she hated the idea of hope because, why have any if it never works out? She hated her prince and her no-show loyal stead. She hated her tower and it's closed walls.
She's 25 and she realizes she can save herself.

My talented best friend dxerinn & I

6/16