navie

I guess I was pretty naive, running around with Daisies in my hair and wishful thinking in my head, I thought life was cotton candy, sweet and delightful like the colors in the sunset. I fell in love with older boys thinking they would stay, and when leaving me would cry all day, for heavens sakes I thought life was even pretty when I'd go to school with purple and blue skin from coming home 5 minutes late, I thought that all kids ended up with bruised skin, that it was all normal for a household. Daddies liking to raise their voice and mommies crawled up in the corners avoiding it all, like she was just in a terrible dream and if she sat long enough she'd wake up, but she never woke up. I was naive thinking everything was sane, when my mind was screaming "run away" but don't leave your baby brother save him from the bruises you always got. I know I was naive, and god sometimes im glad I was thinking back if I knew my whole childhood was not right, I don't know if I'd be here today. I was naive, but now I'm not and next time mommy wants to wake up, it will be a dream. Ill take her hand and my brothers, and we will leave. No more purple and blue bruises for a naive girl like me.

6/28