Comforting!

Flopped on his bed realising the sting in his chest actually now really really hurt, Danny kind of regretted pigging out in that restaurant, but the food had just been so so good and he had been so so hungry that he allowed himself a tiny satisfied smile.

"Where are my tablets?" he sighed to himself as he realised by his phone illuminated on the bedside cabinet, that it was time for his next dose, "aaaah they're in my jacket" he moaned to himself as he heaved his full body up to sitting.

Retrieving his meds he once again headed for his small bathroom, even though it was only 4pm it was gloomy outside already, and it being a Sunday, he wouldn't bother trying to get a food shop in, all the big supermarkets were shut, and the corner shops were way too expensive, he'd get barely half the provisions there that he would at the bigger shops.

Discarding his clothes, pulling on his sleep gear he decided that he would just go back to bed, take John and Rachel at their word and rest.

Musing on his day he sat on the closed toilet seat, gulped down his meds then scrubbed at his teeth once again lost in his own little world, when he'd woken that morning he'd never expected in his wildest dreams that his day would follow the path it had.

The sweet strong fragrance of the amazing bunch of red and yellow flowers he'd been gifted permeated the air, overpowering the musty smell that usually hung in the flat, making him smile as a comforting feeling warmed him.

Mr and Mrs Chandler, John and Rachel, had been so kind to him, never in his life had he been shown such care by anyone, except Hina, who was always kind and generous, even with what little she had she tried to bring a bit of joy into his life.

He was 28, divorced, used, discarded, in a dead end job, a non entity in a huge world of people far more worth it than him, he was just an abandoned little boy really, shoved aside when he wasn't useful in the big boys games anymore.

Why would these people show him such goodness when he felt deep in his heart that he wasn't worth it?.

Standing up to rinse his mouth, tucking his toothbrush away in its little cup he once again faced the mirror, and the mirror man.

"Hey Danny" the shadow at his shoulder smiled.

"H-hi" Danny stuttered allowing himself a small self indulgent smile.

He'd hoped the mirror man would come again, he'd secretly feared that maybe now he'd visited him in the flesh so to speak, that his visits would cease, that all he'd wanted was for Danny to come, then he would be satisfied and not need him anymore.

"Did you really think I wouldn't come?" the dark haired man raised an eyebrow having seemingly read his thoughts, the grey eyes fixed on the reflection of his blue ones in the mirror.

"Um.....yeah, I-I d-didn't think......" Danny tripped over his words, "what?, you thought I wouldn't want to see you again?" the dark haired man said softly.

Danny nodded bashfully, trying to avert his eyes but the pull of the gaze of the shadow at his shoulder held him there, unable to look away.

"Danny, you saved my life" the mans gentle voice caused a tingle in his skin, "I.....I didn't do much" the blonde flushed pink, "Danny you have no idea how important you are", Marks eyes held a story, one that wasn't to be told at that time, but one that would be told someday.

"I'm.....just happy you're alive, that's good enough for me" Danny breathed in and out shakily.

"Thank you for coming to see me" the shadow smiled again, "will you come tomorrow?".

"Yes" Danny whispered.

"Good".

And again, mirror man was gone.