One Week!

Hina having been dropped off on the way back that afternoon, Danny now sat alone in his flat with his thoughts of his future and what it held, and his relationship with Mark.

Hina had been a huge hit with Marks parents, keeping the conversation flowing at lunch, prattling on about anything and nothing all at once, telling John and Rachel all about their 'who can scoff the burger the quickest' contests and their movie and pizza nights that could get rather rowdy if a buff actor came on the screen that they both had a crush on.

And more soberly, about Danny and the awful way he'd been treated by his exes, and how she was so angry that he had been treated so badly when he was just so damn nice.

Danny had tried to tell her to shut up, but she'd chastised him for being too modest and for not caring enough about himself.

"She's right Danny, it wasn't your fault any of it, it was just a run of bloody bad luck" Rachel had looked at Danny with sincere eyes, "you've got us now Danny", he'd been shocked, in a good way at that statement, "whatever your relationship with Mark turns out to be, we're here for you now, you saved Mark and that is enough for us" the woman had said as her husband nodded in affirmation.

All in all it had been a good day, he'd introduced his best friend to Mark, his........ friend? he guessed, he wasn't a boyfriend in the true sense, sure they had a connection that was undeniable, but what really was he if he wasn't just a friend?.

He didn't even know if they would get along when they were face to face finally, and able to actually see each other in all their glory, would Mark like him as much as he seems to now?, would he like Mark as much?.

That he would have to just wait and find out, he really was too far in to worry about the ins and outs now, Rachel and John had already claimed him so to speak, and if he walked away Hina would hang, draw and quarter him, maybe not literally but certainly figuratively.

"What will be will be I guess" Danny shrugged to himself as he stretched out on the sofa, kicking off his shoes he picked up the remote, finger hovering over the button he hesitated, did he really want to watch TV?, what was on that he could really lose himself in?, probably nothing so he set the remote down again.

"Might as well get rid of the TV at this point" he muttered to himself.

Popping the last dose of his painkillers and antibiotics into his palm he wandered to the bathroom, flicking off the sitting room lights, deciding that even though it was only 7pm, he was going to bed.

The next day, Friday, would be one week since his world had done a 180 degree turn, one week since he'd saved the man he was now catching feelings for, the man he hadn't even spoken to face to face yet, only through the mirror.

One week since his selfless act in the street outside had offered him the opportunity to change his life very much for the better.

Maybe, just maybe the end of that week would see Mark coming out of his coma.

Toothbrush poised Danny felt the warmth of breath on his neck, a shadow appearing at his shoulder.

"Hey Danny".

"Hello" Danny grinned, his huge smile reaching his eyes, making them sparkle and crinkle at the corners.

"Thanks for visiting today, Hina's nice, she's funny" mirror man chuckled.

"Yeah she's......quite something, a little protective" Danny laughed.

"She certainly told me what for" he laughed again, "she really loves you doesn't she?!".

"Yeah, yeah she's been amazing, I hope you like her when you wake up, and.........me, I h-hope you like.....me", Danny looked down at his hands that were wringing the hand towel between them.