He Needs You!

"Hey Mark, it's Danny again".

Beepbeepbeepbeepbeep.......beep beep beep.

Danny smiled as the heart monitor once again went crazy as he carefully clasped the bandaged hand in his.

"It's good to see you too", Danny spoke quietly, feeling the need to do so in the dimly lit mostly silent room.

The sounds of the machines and the muted bustling of life carrying on outside the closed door barely registered as he gazed upon the closed eyes.

The short scruff of a beard beginning to form on the chin of the sleeping man, and the feint trace of a moustache growing proved that the body was well, functioning, even in the heavily induced state of sleep.

Studying the face intensely Danny couldn't help but shiver lightly, the monitor blipping in a short burst of beats told him that Mark knew that he was looking, embarrassed at being 'caught' checking the man out Danny flushed pink and averted his eyes.

John and Rachel once again had gone off to fetch coffee for him, he'd not asked or even hinted, they just seemed to know to give him and his mirror man time alone, which Danny was grateful for.

He wanted to speak to Mark more, he'd wanted to the previous day but the man in the mirror never stayed long, maybe now he could say some of the things he really wanted to say to the real Mark.

"I.....um......don't really know what to say" Danny breathed out nervously, although the man was still, unmoving, he knew that he could hear every word, whether he would remember anything when he woke up he wasn't sure, did he really have anything to say at all that was worth hearing?, he didn't know but he just wanted to talk to him.

"Well....um......my name as you know i-is Danny, Danny Michael Taylor, Danny is short for....um...... Daniel, as you've probably guessed" he huffed, "um....I hate my middle name, it's my fathers name and I hate him, he hates me too, I don't really know why he named me after him", he shuddered realising what he'd just said.

Why had he told him that?, what made him think that the man would even want to know that?.

Mentally facepalming himself he carried on as the angry beeping of the monitor raced even faster at his last comment then dropped again.

"I'm....er.....28, I d-don't know how old you are......." he stopped momentarily as if waiting for an answer, then chastised himself for being so daft, of course the man wouldn't answer.

"Well.....that was silly, you can't talk right now" he huffed and looked down at his hand rested around the mans.

"I-I talk to myself a lot, I don't really know how to talk to you though, it's so hard when I don't know if I'm boring you or not" he chuckled as the heart monitor raced again then slowed.

"Haha, I guess I'm not boring you then?" he smiled widely, imagining that he could hear the mans voice, his laugh as he chuckled along with him.

"Well, I live alone, I have a shitty job that I hate, the manager is a tosser and I have only one decent friend, her name is Hina, she's.....she's pretty and she's kind and.........she looks after me......no one has really ever done that before, I guess no one really.........." he stopped.

He was going to say that no one had ever really cared enough to bother being nice to him.

That wasn't strictly true, his parents had been nice enough, but he'd never felt connected to them, not truly, his father had been nice, kind and humble to begin with, but never really ever there in a real sense, school plays, football matches, things like that and as he grew he felt more like a lodger than a son.