New Beginnings!.

Danny couldn't quite believe it as he opened his banking app, to check if the redundancy payment Hina told him about, had gone in.

"Wow, 10 grand, fuck", he clamped his hand over his mouth, even though he was the only one there he felt embarrassed at the sudden curse.

Riding on a high when John and Rachel Chandler dropped him off, he'd not known quite what to do with himself, he desperately wanted to call his friend but didn't know if she was still speaking to him.

Flipping through his phone he'd opened his banking app just out of interest and there it was, a big fat balance the like of which he'd never seen before, not even when he was Mr Danny Cross had he seen that much in his account.

Dylan had given him a gold credit card yes, but he'd insisted on having every receipt recorded, every penny accounted for, only allowing Danny a small budget of personal money a month, most of which Danny didn't even spend, squirrelling it away for the day when he eventually got away from the bastard.

Danny had always planned to leave, one day, when he could get up the confidence and enough savings to do so, turned out the decision was made for him when Dylan chose his sister over him.

He knew he'd have to be frugal though, that wouldn't last forever with rent and bills and no job, no income coming in to replace it as it was spent.

Still, it was a good day and nothing could bring Danny down at that point.

"DANNY DANNNYYYYYYY".

A frantic knocking on his door broke through his haze, "Hina?", he heaved himself up from the sofa, just a mild sting still plaguing his ribs.

"Danny, oh my god, I got the job" Hina flung herself at him the minute he opened the door, laughing, hugging him tightly with one arm, him lifting her 5ft 6 slight frame easily off the floor, waving a letter with her free hand, "I got the joooooob".

Danny laughed as he hugged his friend, so happy to see her after their set to on the phone that morning.

"Dropping the woman back to the floor he looked into her eyes as she grinned widely, her chocolate brownie orbs glistened with a whole new energy, huge smile lighting up her whole face, the neat hair tied into a long flowing ponytail bounced as the woman hopped up and down on her toes.

"Congratulations Hun" he grinned widely, "um......what job?", he pulled away as a look of realisation swept across her features, "oooooh that's right, you don't know" she gasped.

"Come in then you daft mare" Danny stepped back to let the woman in to the small space, "so, what's this new job?" he grinned widely slipping off his jacket and shoes, having not removed them when he got back as he'd fallen straight onto the sofa.

"Well" the woman dropped her bag and flumped on the sofa as Danny filled the kettle with water and flicked the switch.

"Well it's an assistant to an advertising director, but it's a start yeah, it's in the right business at least" she grinned.

"That email I opened when I was on the phone to you this morning, was apparently sent to the wrong person, I did get that job I wanted, I got a phone call this afternoon" she lay back on the cushions with a blissful expression.

"It's what I've always wanted, well, it's a step in the right direction, I can finally get out of that flat and find somewhere new, bigger, with a spare room I can turn into....... something, I don't know, maybe a walk in wardrobe", she laughed as Danny placed her hot coffee on the table.

"I'm so happy for you Hina, you'll be perfect for the job, oh did you get the redundancy payout as well?" he said as he sat himself down next to her.

"Yeah, 10 grand, nice, wonder what went on there?, but hey I'm not complaining" she chuckled, "oh here, here's the letter" she pulled an envelope from her bag and handed it to him.