Coming Home!.

Settling back into the guest bed at the Chandlers, Danny snuggled in, he felt comfortable again, safe and secure, even though Mark wasn't there, he had been texting on and off all evening since Danny and his parents left.

Danny guessed he was probably sleeping in between being seen by the nurses or doctors, in the breaks where he didn't text back.

This time though Danny was secure, Danny finally felt that he was in the right place, he was...... home.

In their hour together alone at the hospital when John and Rachel had made themselves scarce for a bit, Mark had confided in him that he was worried that Danny wouldn't accept him with only half a leg on one side, and only three fingers on his hand the other side, that's why he had said he couldn't see him.

"So, you assumed, you know what Hina would say to that" Danny had grinned.

Mark had just laughed, he knew exactly what Hina would say.

Danny fell asleep, warm, comfortable, smiling.

****

"Morning Danny, did you sleep well?" John chirped as he placed a meal planning sheet in front of him, "what's this?" Danny chewed on his bacon slowly, he wasn't overly hungry but he knew he needed to eat with his meds.

"It's a meal plan, you tell us what you like to eat and we'll plan getting you well again" John said in his 'no nonsense' tone that Danny knew he wouldn't dare argue with.

"Oh.....right..... look, you really don't have to do this" he began but was once again cut off by 'the look', John pointedly placing a pen down in front of him then getting up to put the kettle on.

****

"Hi Mark", Danny bounced into the hospital room that Thursday morning, "hey gorgeous" Mark grinned as Danny sat gently down, again melting into those arms.

So much had changed in Danny in the past 36 hours, with his fainting fit and Marks surgery the previous day, Wednesday seemed to have just disappeared in a blur of realisation and giving himself a mental kick up the backside.

Having spent the evening quietly watching TV with John and Rachel, texting Mark, and Hina alternately, Danny was finally feeling positive, settled, calm, his unexpected passing out had really made him think.

He really couldn't continue neglecting his body and his state of mind like he had, he had to get his head around the fact that this was his life, there was no running away from Mark, or his parents anymore, too much had happened.

If Mark hadn't been on the phone, if he hadn't heard Danny pass out and hit the floor, if he hadn't called his parents, Danny may not have been well enough to be here now, the fact that his body was so worn out that his blood pressure barely registered, gave him the incentive he needed to pull himself out of his ridiculous self induced sulk, and accept it.

Accept that he and Mark were meant to be, and no amount of sulking or denial was going to change it, he had his own problems but right now Mark had more.

"Have they said how long you'll be in, and what happens after?", Danny enquired as he laid out the lunch Rachel had sent with him on his visit to Mark the day after his op.

"5 to 14 days, depends how quickly I heal" Mark said munching a sandwich, "god these are good, mum always makes the best cheese and pickle sarnies" the grey eyed man sighed as he took a long drink of his coke.

"Oh right, so....... will you eventually be able to you know.....um, ah ha ha, um" Danny flushed red, Mark grinned, knowing exactly what it was he wanted to know.