Feels Like Home!.

Dannys eyes popped, looking around the big house and what he could see of the sprawling gardens in the dark, it was big, hell yes, it was beautiful, hell yes, but it was also modestly decorated and not showy like he expected it to be.

"Mark has his own set of rooms, bedroom, bathroom and small sitting room on the ground floor here, you can stay in there if you like, I've changed the bedding so it's all clean" Rachel chattered as John wandered off upstairs to their set of rooms for a shower.

"Kitchen and conservatory through there" Rachel pointed to a door to her left, help yourself to anything you want" she smiled tiredly.

"Or there's a guest room upstairs" the woman smiled as Danny looked around Marks private space.

He couldn't help but notice the photographs on the low window ledge, a boy in a hospital bed, a giant sticking plaster running down the centre of his chest, about 10, maybe 11 years old, and his parents either side of the bed holding his hands.

Danny gasped out loud as he realised who that was in the photo.

The Chandler family, Rachel, John and Mark.

He didn't want to ask about it as Rachel looked done in and he was tired beyond belief, opting for the guest room upstairs he wandered out and closed the door to Marks sitting room.

The guest room was simply decorated but warm, inviting, in soft tones of cream, dusky pink and a light coffee colour that seemed to ooze warmth, dumping his bag he eyed the inviting looking double bed and headed for the ensuite.

Face washed, teeth scrubbed he fell into the bed, moaning lightly at the incredible softness and the clean smell.

Rolling himself up in the featherlight duvet he was out like the proverbial light.

At the same time, Mark shifted in the hard hospital bed, just counting the hours until he would be with Danny again, he thought about texting him but decided to let him be, let him sleep, Danny was safe with his parents and that's all he needed to know.

****

"Mmmmm bacon" Danny muttered to himself, eyes opening just a crack as the delicious aroma assaulted his senses, "mmmmm who's cooking bacon?".

Forgetting where he was for a few minutes Danny struggled to wake up, the cloud like bed was just too damn comfortable, "my bed isn't usually this comfy" he murmured opening his eyes looking at the dusky coffee coloured wall, "and my bedroom isn't this colour" he mused as the realisation came, he was in the Chandlers guest room.

"Ooooh this bed is amazing" he grinned as he turned over, seeing his phone screen light up he guessed who was texting him.

Mark: Good morning gorgeous, are you awake?.

Laughing he stretched out an arm and took his phone, sending a quick reply.

Danny: Just woke up in a cloud, this guest bed is amazing 🤩

Mark: Mine is better 😁

Danny: It's too early for this ☺️

Mark: Haha 😆. Just waiting on doctors rounds then hopefully, home.......to you! 😘

Danny: Oh god, stop Casanova 😆

Mark: Awwww spoilsport 😫

Danny: 😂😂 Hopefully see you soon, I miss you 😫

Mark: I miss you too 😔

Danny smiled widely as he snuggled into the warm soft cloud, the feelings he was having were nothing like the ones he'd had with his exes, these feelings were raw, beautiful, this joy was different, this place and Mark, felt like home already.