Best Friend!

"Oh, hell, did I fall asleep again?" Mark woke up and yawned, "ooowwww" he grumped at the dead feeling again in his right leg, his right knee had been slammed on the road during the accident and was still swollen and painful, and had an unnerving habit of just going 'dead'.

"Oh hey, you're awake" Danny turned and grinned as the man peeled himself from Dannys side to sit up.

"Hey gorgeous" Mark smiled, a squealing giggle catching his attention, looking around Danny he saw a woman with lovely dark skin, deep brown eyes, long dark hair and a beaming smile seated in the chair across the room.

"Oh, hi" Mark blushed at being caught out in his endearments to his beloved Danny.

"You must be Hina" Mark shivered and winced as he went to stand up, "hey go careful", Danny stood with him, "it's nice to meet you Hina, sorry Danny I need the loo, you talk to Hina, I can get to the bathroom, MUUUM", Mark called out as Rachel returned with three coffees, "you need a hand sweetheart?" the woman said as she set the cups down on the small table.

"Just need to get to the bathroom, bit of a dead leg" Mark chuckled, "you stay here and talk Danny, I won't be long, you've got lots to catch up on, I'll be back soon".

As Mark left the room supported by Rachel, Hina leaned in, "spill it Danny, talk, now".

Popping back for Marks coffee, Rachel explained that Mark was coming to sit with them for a while, to let Danny talk to his friend, but that he'd like to meet Hina properly once they'd had their 'friend' time, and that Hina was welcome to stay for dinner as it was already around that time, and she was cooking anyway.

Hina gratefully accepted, she'd jumped in a taxi the minute the address of the Chandlers came through, not thinking to pick up anything to eat on the way.

Two more coffees and a whole packet of chocolate biscuits later, Danny finally finished up the synopsis of his weird and wacky week, even Hina, the normally unshockable Hina, had to sit back and take it all in.

"Jeeez Danny, you don't do things by halves do you?!" the woman said finally after a decent few minutes of silence.

"So what happens now? are you going back to the flat when the door is fixed?", "I guess I better, I don't want to think about that yet" Danny shifted, his mood dropping at the thought of leaving, he'd only spent two nights at the Chandlers, but he felt so at home.

"He knows he can stay with us as long as he wants" John cut in as he entered the conservatory, "Hello again Hina" he smiled at the woman.

"Hi Mr Chandler" Hina grinned.

John raised an eyebrow at her, "sorry...... John", she chuckled.

"Come on dinner's ready, Rachel sent me to come and get you" John signalled to the kitchen.

****

"So, how long do you think it'll take to get your door sorted?" Hina chattered as she slumped on the sofa again, late evening sun streaming through the windows, bathing the whole room in a golden light.

"No idea, could be a few days, depends on the landlord I guess" Danny sighed as Mark sat himself down carefully with an 'oof' Danny taking a bit of the weight off him by holding his arm.

"If I were you I'd take the offer to stay here" Hina said bluntly.

"Mum and dad said you can stay, and......I'd like you to" Mark flushed as Danny took his hand again.

"Yeah I know, but, it's too soon, I can't just give up my flat after.......just a week, um, and two days with you, that would be.......I can't, what if......?".