Epilogue - I Do - Twice!. Pt 2

"Come on now, nothing to see here, please, everyone in to the bar", Rachel fussed as she and Harry herded the assembled crowd out of the wedding room, "we'll be along shortly, John has arranged a tab, please do go get yourselves some refreshments" the woman smiled in complete control as the whispering staring crowd slowly dispersed.

Only Danny, Mark, the Chandlers, Harry, Geoff the vet and the Eckharts remained, and Connie, Jacob and new baby Eckhart of course, a healthy girl with a great set of lungs, Connie still leaning against her man who still looked totally stunned, having not lost his bewildered look the entire time.

"Connie, she's beautiful", Danny sat beside his sister as a commotion outside the big double doors caught their attention.

"DANNY, MARK, OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY WE'RE LATE", a flustered Hina barged into the room, flinging the giant heavy doors open, pulling a harassed looking Lee behind her, the poor man tripping over his feet as the chocolate eyed woman stopped dead in her tracks, killer heels digging deep into the ornate carpet.

"The traffic was awful, bloody roadworks, then there was a tractor going like 2 miles an hour, then there was this lorry that got stuck across a junction, and ........... Oh my GGGGOOOOSSSHHHH!", words suddenly catching in her throat Hina gasped, the ornate fascinator attached to her carefully piled up glossy locks, bouncing as her hands flew to her face.

Lee Sim simply staring.

"The paramedics are here", a friendly face popped around the door, "oh, more guests?", a body followed the friendly face of a man in a dark suit and pristine white shirt, black tie and shiny shoes, bearing a badge declaring he was David Brindle, Hotel Manager.

****

Baby Eckhart wrapped in a pristine white fluffy hotel towel, Connie now dressed in her maternity trousers and t-shirt, dress ruined but veil still atop her damp flattening hair, sat beaming widely amongst her family, cleaned up and comfortable she chatted with the paramedics and the man who'd saved the day, Geoff the vet, "thank you, so much, I'm so sorry you missed your lunch", the woman sighed as she passed her new baby daughter to her daddy, the still stunned Jacob.

"It's fine, only too happy to help" Geoff smiled, "I better get back though, I'm a main speaker, in........" he flicked up his wrist checking his watch, "........oh blimey, 5 minutes" he chuckled, "congratulations again" he smiled as he left his chair, shaking hands with Jacob and Connie, "take care", he left the room.

"Wow Connie, she's beautiful", Hina plonked herself in the chair beside Connie as the woman yawned deeply, "thanks Hina, I'm sooooo tired" Connie yawned again, "and I didn't get married" she looked sadly over at Jacob who was now walking around showing his beautiful baby daughter to her new grandparents.

"Ummmmmm, Miss Ambrose", the registrar appeared through the small group, having returned to the room, "if you're still up to it, we can do the ceremony before you leave for the hospital", she smiled as she took in the womans tired teary face, "I'm booked here for two weddings after all".

Connie didn't miss the sly wink from Mark thrown her way as he listened in, Danny's brow furrowed for a second at the sneaky look between his sister and Mark, Connie grinned widely, "oh, oooooh yes, you are" Connie winked at Hina who smirked cheekily then composed her face again as Danny raised an eyebrow then went back to what he was doing.

"Does Danny know?", Hina whispered to her friend as she watched Mark and Danny coo over their new niece a few feet away.

"Not a bloody clue" Connie chuckled as she watched her brother grin widely at being handed the tiny bundle, Mark and Danny looked so at home with a baby between them, wistful soppy faces shining.