The Truth # 2!.

"As I said" John continued when the waiter was a safe distance away, "while Mr Cross was being investigated, everyone around him came under scrutiny, including you Danny", Danny's eyes widened as did his mouth, as he stuffed a big piece of the melt in the mouth steak in and began to chew.

"Mmme?" he muffled out.

"Mmmmmm, your background, everything, and we found something out about you" John looked over then glanced at his wife.

"Really?" Danny gulped again, swallowing hard as the ball of food stuck slightly in his throat, as far as he knew he was squeaky clean, never even had so much as a parking ticket, that's when he was able to afford a car of course.

"Yes, did you know you were adopted?".

"WHAT?" Danny did in fact choke that time.

"Oh sorry, you didn't know did you!?, you were never told" Rachels face held a look of sincere sympathy.

"N-no, I didn't know, but......", Danny was shocked but strangely, now he thought about it, not that shocked, he found that despite the initial jump scare that he'd experienced it didn't linger.

"It would explain an awful lot, a hell of a lot in fact" he said quietly, chewing on another mouthful of the amazing meal, he really must compliment the chef he thought.

"You don't seem too surprised" John said as he popped another mouthful of lasagna into his mouth, "god the food here is amazing" he sighed and closed his eyes, an ecstatic look on his face.

"I.....guess I'm not really, it explains why I never really felt I belonged, like, kind of disconnected from my parents, I don't... don't even look anything like them, and probably why I never got along with my sister, she's a total bitch, I always did wonder how in the hell I was related to the little skank" he huffed.

Even the mere mention of Connie made him scowl, along with the memory of the night he'd opened the door to his suite of rooms and seen her being fucked into the sofa, HIS sofa, by HIS husband.

"But.....I don't get it, why adopt a child when you don't really want one?, when all you do is treat them like dirt?" Danny couldn't get his head around that.

"I guess they wanted an heir to take over the business, but you didn't measure up for whatever reason, they got rich when Michaels father died, wasted it all then.......used you to seal a rescue deal with that creep Cross", John said angrily, his mouth set in a straight line, brows furrowed.

They ate in silence for a while as Danny thought over this new information, it really did explain his shitty life so far, now he understood better how his parents could've just 'sold him off' to Dylan Cross to save their arses, he wasn't theirs, he didn't 'come up to snuff', so they didn't care.

"But my birth certificate names the Taylors as my parents" he said, confused.

"That's because it's fake, the real one is here" John lay his cutlery on his plate neatly as he dug around in his jacket, pulling out a long white envelope and handing it to Danny who set his own knife and fork down to take it.

"Daniel Michael Hunter", Danny murmured as he cast his eyes across the lightly tattered certificate.

"Louise Anne Hunter, and Daniel Michael Hunter.....deceased?" he questioned, voice rising at the end of that statement.

"Mmmmm, your real father, Daniel, was in the army, he was on his last deployment, he was killed by an IED before he even knew about you", Rachel said quietly shaking her head, "such an awful tragedy".

"So I was named after him, Daniel Michael, I always thought I was named after my father........um, well, Michael Taylor" Danny looked up with confusion.