Bye Dad!.

One year on:

As planned, Mark waited until Danny had finished his course, passed and become a physical therapist.

He had his new leg, and they'd settled into life as a couple, still living at the Chandlers, wanting to wait until Danny got settled into a job, and Mark to begin work full time again.

Having waited so long, he was finally putting his plan to propose to his Danny into action.

Mark knew however, that Danny being as humble as he was, a big eccentric proposal wasn't the way to go, no dramatic moments on top of the Eiffel tower, no swinging over Niagara falls on a zip wire, no huge bouquets and massive jewels, Danny would definitely do him an injury for a stunt that big.

It had to be special but not ridiculously over the top, and no one else there, just the two of them if possible, because if Danny said no then Mark would die in a vat of liquid embarrassment, he didn't think he would say no but if he did.......he didn't want it to be in front of a load of people.

There was one person to consult that knew Danny better than him, and that was the blondes best friend, Hina Danesh.

"Knowing Danny, he won't want anything big or fussy, he'd rather keep it intimate, small, personal", Hina had said over the phone when Mark called for advice.

"Mmm I think so too" Mark had mused, "I'm thinking just him and I, and maybe a picnic somewhere, out of town, the beach or something, bit cliché I know, but I think that would be a Danny thing", Mark had said as Hina hummed in thought on the other end of the line.

"That actually is a nice idea, take him away for the weekend or something", the womans smile evident even over the phone

"Ooooh I know, I'll get everyone in on it, dad, mum, Connie, Harry, you, and......Lee?, if you haven't done him an injury yet?!", Mark had chuckled as Hina scoffed, "despite you lot thinking I was going to do him in, yes actually we are still going very strong thank you", the woman had huffed indignantly as Mark laughed, he'd known Hina wasn't really offended, she took it in good humour.....he hoped.

"I'm thinking a weekend on our own, then a couple of days with all of us, I know it's not a great big grand thing, but it'll be special, I'll make sure it is", Mark had smiled widely.

"I'm up for that", Hina was grinning down the phone, "I'm sure Lee will be able to come, as long as he can get time off, is Connie seeing anyone?, would be nice for her not to be a spare wheel", Dannys best friend had said thoughtfully, she and Connie had actually started to get on really well, since the younger woman had proved that she had changed and was now no threat to Dannys happiness.

"Danny did mention that she was, but how serious it is I don't know", Mark had hummed.

"Right, well, project proposal is a go then", Hina had laughed and sighed.

"I can't believe my little Danny has come so far, awwww my baby boy is all grown up", she'd fake cried down the phone as Mark busted up laughing.

Life moved on for Danny and Mark, as it did for Hina and Lee, and Connie......and Jacob, a slightly younger man she'd met at work, to others he might've seemed a bit strange, not overly social, a little geeky but sweet and kind, Connie liked his big glasses and his occasional bursts of uncontrollable energy, which made her laugh, and they danced......a lot.

Anywhere, everywhere, his parents house where Connie had been made welcome, her flat, even in the aisles at work when it was quiet, affectionately dubbed Fred and Ginger by their workmates.