Underdog!.

Wednesday rolled around, 5.30am, keeping track of the days when Danny was not at work was kind of hard, especially when he'd been going to bed ridiculously early, missing all of the previous evening made the days just mash into one.

On the upside his electricity bill would be more affordable as he'd barely been home and when he had been he'd been mostly asleep, snacking from the fridge rather than cooking and eating properly, seeing as John and Rachel had refused to be reimbursed for the groceries he'd put the extra he found in the sofa aside for bills.

He dreaded going back to his miserable dead end job the next week, he wouldn't be able to see Mark during the day at all, asleep or awake, only in the mirror at night if he was still in a coma, that's if he actually came, Danny had a heavy feeling in the pit of his stomach that he wouldn't see mirror man again.

At 6am his phone rang.

"There's only one person that would call me at the crack of a sparrows fart" he mused to himself as he wandered to the sofa and plonked down with his cup of tea.

"Hey Hina" he said without missing a beat, not even needing to look at the screen to see who it was.

"Oh......um......I didn't expect you to answer, um ha ha......I was going to leave you a voicemail" the woman stuttered at hearing her friends voice, bright and already well and truly awake.

"I was up early, went to bed straight after I got back from the hospital yesterday" Danny sighed as he sat back against the cushions sipping his tea.

"Ooooh yeah of course, how is Mark doing?" Hina enquired down the line.

"He's still......still in a coma, but he'll be okay" Danny sighed heavily.

Tapping sounds at the other end of the line then silence made Danny wonder if the call had dropped.

"Hina?......... Hinaaaaaaa?, you still there?", the blonde looked at his phone screen, he didn't know why, as if he could actually see if she were there or not, idiot.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm here.......oh shit".

"What's up?" Danny was surprised at the curse from his friend, she rarely swore, only when she was passionate about something or really really annoyed or upset, which to be fair wasn't often.

"Um......just...... hold on...... Fucks sakes" the woman groaned.

"What is it?" Danny sat up straight, it really was too early for stress, he'd get enough of that visiting Mark again and trying to make conversation with the Chandlers.

"Sorry, sorry just checking my emails, I'm job hunting" Hina replied, "aaaaaahhh damn" she whispered, "I really wanted that one too ffffuuuccckkkk", the long drawn out sigh made Danny upset for his friend without even knowing why.

"I went for an interview after I left work yesterday, I didn't get the job, it was right up my street too, advertising and media" she sighed.

Danny knew Hina was desperate to get into the business, to use the media qualification she'd worked so hard to get, she'd be great in the media world, she had so much personality and energy she'd be perfect.

"Oh Hinny, I'm sorry, they don't know what a great person they're missing out on", Danny was sincere, she was a great person, she deserved to get out of that grimy call centre, be allowed to spread her wings and be successful.

"Ooooh it's okay, I'll just try again" the woman said brightly, as unflappable as ever.

"Anyways, why did I call you?, oh yeah um....well......um...... we're out of a job, both of us, in fact, all the staff".