1 : The Beginning

When Murtasim reached his... Now their room, he noticed her pressing her forehead lightly. He went towards the couch ignoring her and checked his mobile phone to see missed calls from one of his villagers. He does not want to talk to Meerab as he knows she will start fighting and will misunderstand him. He dialed the villager's number and walked out of the room saying

"Ji aap phone kar rhi thi", boiling Meerab's heart as she realized she married a man who was already taken and thought maybe this girl was the reason for Murtasim hating her. She walked towards his couch and threw the cushion angrily. She hated him and thought her hate decreased when he supported her which increased on seeing him talking politely with someone and for her, he always lost his temper. He was never polite with her which angered her. Was he in a relationship before? Why did he marry her then? And why did he never tell her about this?

She flinched when he entered the room while talking and walked towards the drawer. He pulled out one notebook and wrote something and then asked that person not to worry and declined the call. He turned and noticed a cushion on the ground which angered him. First, she blackmailed him to marry her and he married for the family's reputation, then she asked him to sleep on the sofa which he agreed and now she is messing the room which is too much for him

"Yeh kya badtameezi hai Meerab. Agar ek or baar esi galti kari toh bed pe so jaunga. Then it's up to you if you want to sleep on the couch, on a bed, or in another room", Murtasim warned picking up the cushion and placing it back on the sofa

"Look who is saying. Murtasim this bed is mine and the room as well. And if you were already in a relationship then why you married me? You never talk politely to me but with her, you were a different guy", Meerab replied sarcastically hearing his angry voice which irritated her. Why does he always fume in anger while talking to her?

"Strange. I'm in a relationship and I don't even know with whom", Murtasim chuckled hearing her statement. He found her statement funny but controlled his laughter as she was not his friend but a girl who was his enemy and she never laughed with him. He wondered what she thought of him in a relationship. He never got time to think about his love life, he never thought of marriage even until his mother forced him to marry Meerab.

"The one you were talking to", Meerab rebuked angrily

"She is a widow who is living in my flat and was asking for some more time to pay the rent knowing well her condition I asked her not to give me any rent. I wrote her child's school name to pay the fees and will get her job somewhere as well. Do you want to know something else?", he asked raising his eyebrow.

Meerab shook her head and walked towards the bed. She smiled hearing his statement as she felt happy hearing he supports needy people which impressed her. And here she is abandoned by her family and her parents broke her trust. She is married to a man whom she never liked. She recalled how she was habitual to talk to her father late at night and how Wakas always waited for her. The memory lane came to her mind, the laughter, the teasing, the not-so-serious anger of Wakas and her dream. Everything is snatched in a blink of seconds. Upcoming life looked like a nightmare to her as she thought Rohail was interested in her and she would get married to him but destiny threw her in a golden cage.

"Mai vo hu jo meri mama hai, baba hai", she recalled her words and closed her eyes tightly absorbing the pain she felt while thinking of her previous life. Her parents didn't bid farewell to her but threw her like a burden. She never thought her life would take a U-turn after her birthday. Her eyes moistened thinking of her parents. She is still unable to hate them because they loved her like she was thier real daughter but the truth horrifies her because they broke her trust.

"Tinkle",

Soon she heard a glass breaking sound and looked towards the right to see Murtasim without clothes on his upper body he wore shorts which made her uncomfortable and she looked away wiping her tears.