37 : 2 Important Men

They stayed there for a while, enjoying the warmth of each other's embrace. It felt like a dream, and he was simply savoring the moment since she was too scared to leave him. She finally received love from the man she had always expected. She is so happy and grateful that her dreams have come true. She fears her insecurities and her fleeting happiness, though. Though she does not want to doubt him, she can not help but think back to her past whenever they discuss the present. The sensation of his hand gently brushing her hair filled her with bliss. She rested her head on his chest, feeling safe and at ease in his arms. As soon as his hands went from her hair to her waist, she turned to face him and he grinned mischievously. Before he could respond, she grabbed his collars and said

"I will file numerous cases against you and ensure that your lawyers are rendered helpless if you ever attempt to leave me. He laughed as she warned him, "Nobody would be able to save you". He is aware that her fear and insecurity are the result of his one mistake. He understood her pain because trusting the same person as before is difficult, and he was confident that he would win her trust soon. He knows he has already won, but there is a little bit of insecurity that he will get rid of soon.

In a deep voice, he answered, "My personal lawyer is with me." His response did not meet her expectations, so Meerab removed his collar and moved away, breaking eye contact. She expected him to reassure her once more as he always does that history would not repeat itself, but he didn't. He pulled her again, and this time he gripped her waist tightly. She did not look at him and simply waited for him to say something. His response was meant to be romantic, so she is not sure why she was offended, but she felt like he was making fun of her.

"I will surrender if I hurt you. But rest assured that I will not ever abandon you. We may fight, we may disagree, but I promise to keep our love constant. You will always find me beside you," he said, making her smile, and she looked at him, satisfied and happy with his response.

Murtasim put his hands on her cheeks, asking permission with a look in her eyes. With a small nod, Meerab closed her eyes and waited for him to proceed. She placed her hands on his shoulders, feeling his lips against hers. She thought she might pass out from happiness, it felt like pure bliss.It seems as though they are sharing their first kiss each time he gives it. After some time, he broke up their kiss and said, "I wish the world stops here," in a whisper next to her ears.

He continued, "Till when we are going to live separately?" which caused her face to go pale because she has not spoken to Hamza about Murtasim yet. Since Hamza has asked her not to spend the night with him, she lacks the bravery to ask for permission to allow Murtasim to stay in the same room as her. She had nothing to say to defend herself, so she remained silent. She broke the hug, excused herself, and hurriedly left.

The portrait of their wedding was the only item she saw when she walked into her room. Despite their tumultuous beginning, she holds a special place in her heart for that wedding because of the relationship that brought them together. This relationship is the only thing that has kept her alive, since he healed her in the first place. He is the only one who has made efforts to gain her love and attention since their separation. Even now, he works hard not to irritate her, which she enjoys. She ran her hand over his picture and touched the frame. Three days ago, he gave this as a gift when he visited to meet family. At the time, Hamza left to avoid talking to Murtasim, claiming to have an important meeting. Only Rumi and Meerab knew he had left.

A phone call from Virat interrupted her thoughts as he asked about a file she had stored safely at home. She began searching for it in the cupboard and drawers because she had forgotten where she kept it. She eventually discovered the file in the cupboard. She sighed with relief, leaving the file on the bed. Her gaze suddenly fell upon the chit that was resting on the ground. She picked it up and remembered that she had saved it with the intention of reading it but never had the time and later forgot because everything happened so quickly. The misunderstandings came to mind, and she clutched the chit tightly in her hand. She placed the chit on the table and turned it to read what he had written after realizing she had accidentally jumbled it.