32: One Chance

Murtasim's pov

I stood rooted at my place on seeing her close to me again. Again the same dream but this time I could see her face clearly and her eyes were tears. Maybe because I hurt her unknowingly but I don't know how to mend our relationship now. We have reached a point where there is no way to get together again. Divorce, I feared that word from the day I received papers from her and refrained from signing these as I couldn't let her go of my life. I never thought I would sign those papers in anger but stupid me I did. I could have said don't believe my love and left but this anger.

I don't know why she is again here. Before she used to come to tease me, to give me hope that I could win my Meerab back. But now I feel I have noticed left in my life. I came back here for the sake of Mariyam otherwise I don't know why should I live even. I wondered how my mother was living without Baba.

The woman in front of me, my dream is looking so beautiful. She wore a yellow chikan karai suit with a dupatta over her next and a white shawl over her shoulder. Is she my Meerab? She loved wearing a shawl but it can't be possible because we just signed divorce papers. I know she is not real but still, I am unable to take my eyes off her in fear she would vanish if I looked away. I want to keep looking at her till my heart feels light.

 I want to keep looking at her till my heart feels light

(A/N: This look)

We signed divorce papers and she hated me, I was the fool who felt she didn't hate me anymore. Tears escaped my eyes on seeing her in front of me as my dream. The only thing I didn't like about her was her hair which was tied into a bun. Who tied them when she wore a suit? My hands urged me to pull her into a tight hug and don't let go until I die. I moved my hand towards her but stopped in the middle realizing I didn't have any right to her. She hates my touch, maybe she even feels uncomfortable with me. I should not touch her. I took my hand back without breaking the eye contact and closed my eyes when they were filled with fresh tears. She can't be real, this woman forced me to sign a divorce. She can hate me, but can never come back to me.

"Murtasim", I heard her voice and crossed my arms as I was tired of fighting with her. I don't want to fight anymore. Whatever she says would be right and me wrong if that mends our relationship but there is no chance now.

Divorce was what I hated and my nightmare came true when I signed the papers in anger. I looked at her shawl which was flying in the air and I noticed she looked more ethenic. God, if I will get dreams like this forever then I am ready to come here daily. To see her, to feel her presence just beside me

"Kyu aai ho? We are divorced now. Aab kya bacha hai mere pass Jo lene aai ho", I asked. I felt my body shiver when I felt her moving closer and she held my arm softly. She never touched me in my dreams, which made me realize that hate for me is still there but today I felt my heartbeat rising. When she came close, I could smell her fragrance and closed my eyes finally expecting her to go and vanish in the air. When I opened my eyes she was still there, I looked down trying to look everywhere but her as if she was there she would not like me staring at her. And if she is a dream, she will go back. I want her to leave if it is a dream just then I heard her voice