4: Village

"Mai hu na(I'm here for you)", Murtasim replied and pressed her hand lightly to assure her he was there for her. He took her hands in his and caressed the back of her palm softly showing love to her. He wants to make sure she doesn't feel lonely here and wants to make the environment healthy for her.

"Your presence or absence is equal. And I'm fine just having a little headache. I wish I die because that is better than living with you and those people who betrayed me. Why did he give me to Baba... I mean Wakas u... uncle. He should have let me die. Every second reminds me of betrayal. I will never accept any of you ", Meerab said, her lips fumbling as she felt emotional again. She felt empty inside because her family snatched everything from her, her identity, name, dreams everything is nothing now. She knows Wakas loved her like his real daughter but it took one day to lose her faith over family members.

How she is supposed to accept Murtasim and move on in her life? When her parents were not her's then how a guy she hated be hers? How she can believe his lines that he is there for her? Even Wakas said he would take a stand for her but what he did do in the hand? He also left her. He was the best lawyer but lost her case.

"Don't accept but live your life Meerab. Complete your dreams and divorce me later I will not mind because I also want to end this wedding ", Murtasim said which added fuel to her wounded heart. She felt like a burden on every family member, even for him. Her eyes teared up, she looked away and wiped her tears before they could fall and took a long breath to calm herself. She doesn't want to cry anymore because she needs to accept this truth but every time she feels broken from the inside. Who will listen to her and who will support her?

"You also don't like me. You want to leave me and say I'm with you. Stay away from me then Murtasim ", Meerab said and shoved his hand away from hers. Murtasim looked at her hurt, he wondered what she was trying to say. Does she want to live with him? Or want him to stay away from her? What he is supposed to do now?

"I don't know if I like you or not because nobody asked my wish but I have accepted this marriage from my heart Meerab. I said this because our thoughts are opposite and you want to complete your dreams. So do that and if you want to stay as my wife then I will never divorce you ", Murtasim assured and moved his hand towards her hand which was resting on her lap. He held one hand looking deep into her eyes. He can see how broken she is, what does he get after breaking something that is already broken?

"What was your wish? Your one wish was not answered and you are talking like this. See me who has lost everything and staying in your house. I have no one", Meerab said with teary eyes. Murtasim shook his head, he didn't know why he felt a pang inside his heart to see her crying. His hands shivered as he lifted his hand to wipe her tears. What if she shoved his hand away in anger like she always does? Still, with shivering hands, he touched her cheeks and looked at her to see any type of discomfort, on finding none he wiped her tears.

"Still you have everything Meerab. Dreams are going to be fulfilled, have me with you but I have none. Nobody will take a stand for me because I am a man. Janti ho na bachpan se kesa environment hai yaha.... ( You know the environment of this house from childhood...) Anyway, leave my problems. Take rest", Murtasim stopped speaking about himself as he was not comfortable enough to share his past with her. Yes, they are married but their relationship is not normal. He doesn't even know if she will understand him or will make fun of him instead. He took a long breath and took his hand back from her cheek

Meerab kept looking at him when he removed his hand. She felt warmth missing from her cheek. She didn't know why but she felt her heartbeat rise when he touched her cheek. When he wiped her tears, she felt safe around him and wanted to engulf him in a hug and cry her heart out telling him she was not yet out of that trauma but how? He doesn't even like her and she also vowed that she will never accept Murtasim at any cost. She should not feel comfortable around him because he will divorce her later. She looked away as she noticed his eyes and forehead lines which showed that he was worried for her but that was not enough for her.