18 : Heartbroken

"I am sorry.", he whispered and shut his eyes tight in remorse. He realized that he had made a grave mistake by taking her into the bed and completing his revenge. He intended to complete his revenge, even though he forgot that when she gave herself to him yet he is a sinner. He should have stopped himself if he was not sure about his feelings. His heart sank when he caught sight of Meerab shaking her head. She is yet not ready to believe and accept the dark reality of her life. He couldn't even fetch himself to clear everything with her as clearing things would shatter her more. He noticed her body trembling with fear maybe due to cold as well but he had no strength to walk towards her and hold her.

A wave of guilt hit him when he heard her heavy breaths echoing in the room but he didn't dare to face her. He broke her heart and soul today, he doesn't have anything to speak in his favor. What he will say? That he was supposed to take revenge but he didn't do? Will she believe him? What was left to explain when he broke her heart with his hands?

The weather is very chill outside, yet he is feeling his body warm and he is sweaty. His body shivered when his ears heard a thud sound and noticed Meerab fell on the ground holding the broken pieces of her pendant. She was weeping silently sitting numb in her place. He knows she has realized that he betrayed her, tears falling from her eyes are tearing him apart. Why did he choose to take revenge? Wasn't she broken already? He is afraid to think of her reaction and her anger which is building inside her body. He closed his eyes tight in regret and held the bedsheet tight to control his tears. A tear fell from his eyes when he heard the sound of her sobbing increasing. That broke a part of his body, he felt that it was not her but his heart crying feeling himself miserable. He did not only break her but himself as well as he realized he Loved her. He falls in love with her, and his revenge changes into love but it is too late for realization.

Meerab squeezed her eyes tight and let her warm tears escape through her eyes. She reminded herself to stay strong and not cry for a guy like him but the moments spent with him came into her mind. She realized that all those moments, promises, and care were fake. She felt that he used her like a tissue paper and now he was going to throw her. Pressing her both lips together she tried to control herself from screaming in agony. The pain of betrayal by the man she believed the most. The man she gave the right to claim her body and what did she get in return? Betrayal. She is still unable to believe he is the same man she calls the best husband. She used to tell Saba about their honeymoon and told her that she had got the best husband but is it true? She asked herself.

"No Meerab. Take a stand for yourself. Cry alone but not in front of this betrayer". She reminded herself and dropped the pendant on the ground when she stood up. No, she is not going to bear injustice to herself and live with a who betrayed her. She is stronger than any other woman in this house. She brushed her tears with the back of her hand expecting her tears to halt but they didn't. As she wiped the tears on her cheeks, fresh tears brimmed in her eyes. She wondered why she was so unlucky. She inhaled her breath deeply and started to stroll towards him

Each step reminded her of the moments they shared, in this house from him having the dish he was allergic to, taking a stand for her, letting her study, honeymoon and now betraying her like she was the burden in his life. Everything was a lie,  his plan and she fell into his trap easily.  How foolish she is.

"Murtasim... What I did do to be betrayed by you? Why are you taking revenge?", Meerab asked in a hoarse voice. Her voice seemed cold like it was not a girl but a man asking the question.

Her body trembled with each passing second waiting for his reply. She is still hoping for him to laugh and tell her it was a joke and Haya was lying but his silence says otherwise. Everything is clear to her eyes yet she is unable to believe that the man she loved betrayed her.