20 : Lost Innocence

I have changed the leap from 5 to 2 years. Hope it makes you all happy now. I don't know if it is the right decision or not. I changed it for you all
________

Meerab walked to the terrace and stood in silence examining the moon which looked so beautiful, unlike her very dark life. She has got everything she yearned for but by facing a tremendous loss. She lost her home to achieve her dreams. But she doesn't regret choosing her self-respect and dreams over anything else because that matters to her the most. She was used to living her life fullest until Murtasim came into her life. She felt she lost everything but he filled colours in her life and one day he snatched everything.

She couldn't believe that the guy she believed the most was the one betraying her. She couldn't acknowledge that everything was a lie and he was entangling her into his trap, a web of lies. Before everything looked like a beautiful dream to her and the Bali trip looked like heaven to her which she hates now. She hates everything related to him as all those moments remind her of the betrayal she faced. He used her body just for a piece of toy or a glass that was meant to be shattered someday. He could have waited till she got comfortable but no, he used her. He used her body as he owned it. Yes, she gave him the right but he had the power. If he was not sure he should have stopped himself which he didn't.

She held the grill tight as her eyes moistened recollecting her memories with him, the Bali trip their togetherness, their date, and all those sweet exchanges that meant nothing to him. He had no feelings for her and there she was falling for a traitor daily. Didn't she tell him nth times that she trusts him the most? She requested him not to break her faith ever.

"I was a fool who never noticed he stayed silent but never assured me", she thought and wiped the fresh tears which escaped her eyes. She has grown strong but still, her heart is hollow because she doesn't consider anyone trustworthy enough to depend on someone. He has shattered her to an extreme level and now she doesn't think she will be able to trust anyone ever again. At least not to tie a knot in this scarlet bond again.

"Whatever... Haya said was not a lie. I am sorry Meerab. I am bad but I want to add one more truth that I...", she recalled his line and then his apology. Was that enough to mend her heart? Can it be enough ever? He used her body and played with her trust. How can she think of him?

Meerab's P.O.V

I felt my legs jiggling again with fear and recalling the emotional rollercoaster I went through after leaving him. I strolled behind and sat on the chair not breaking the eye lock with the moon as I wanted to talk. I recalled how I came here and was asking for the room from the girls when a girl came and suggested visiting this place. At first, I was hesitant as my wounds were fresh, and was afraid to believe someone but then I chuckled at myself.

If my parents and husband can break me and I survive then who these strangers are? Even if they kill me, I would be thankful to them. If it was someone's trap to take my body then I was already ready for the worst. My husband used me already so how can I expect other men to have pleasant intentions? I needed a room to begin with my dreams and there I got to know Hamza and his family.

In the whole family, I share a lovely bond with Hamza as he is very protective of me. Finally, I got a brother for whom I am not a toy. For him, I am a treasure who he wins daily. I can't stop thanking Allah enough for making me a part of this family. Just then I got up walked towards my room and then went back to the terrace to complete my dua. I want to thank Allah for giving me the perfect family I wished for. Yes, I miss them a lot but nowadays I don't cry a lot missing them because of my busy schedule.

(A/N: I am not a Muslim so I don't know what is right or wrong in Islam)

“I thank you Allah for gifting me this success. Just because of you, I found this beautiful family and with your support, I am a successful lawyer. Everybody wants me to handle their case and I have seen very respected and well-known people requesting me to accept their cases. It is all because of you. Give me the strength to face what is coming next because I believe only you. This world is not good. You know that I don't believe anyone. I don't know when Hamza is going to let me live in this house and I don't depend on anyone.