Chapter Two - Louis

The first time Louis had eyes on Harry, had been on the first day of his third year at the University of Arts. He had been walking next to Liam and Zayn down the hallway. They had been talking excitedly about the upcoming semester, but Louis' attention had quickly drifted somewhere else.

A boy, looking to be around twenty, had accidentally dropped his books on the ground of the hallway. Louis' first instinct had been to run over and help him, but a blonde guy, who Louis now had gotten to know as Niall, had rushed to the boys' aid. When the boy had straightened up, an embarrassed flush to his cheeks, Louis had been taken back by his beauty.

Louis had developed a slight hallway crush on the boy. He didn't know his name, or what degree he was taking, but every time he would see him in the hallways or in the library or somewhere else, he would have a hard time looking away.

He hadn't known it was Harry at first when he saw him in the Starbucks. It had first been revealed to him when he had touched his shoulder, and he had turned around. Louis had had to compose himself in mere seconds, butterflies basking in his stomach at having those green eyes on him.

When he had heard what his name was, a voice in his head had whispered, I like the sound of that.

When Louis got home, Zayn and Liam had to hear all of it. Then there was the library. He hadn't known Harry was there, but it had been a pleasant surprise. Then again at the pizzeria. 

And now, a week later, he had Harry's number saved in his phone. Not a single text had been shared between them. Louis had been too scared to initiate it, mostly because he wasn't even sure Harry was into him. Or guys for that matter. But Niall had said they should meet up at some time, so Louis let his finger hover above the message he had spent fifteen minutes to try and formulate correctly.

Hey, I was wondering if you and Niall would like to join Zayn, Liam, and I for beers and Monopoly at our apartment tonight. It's our traditional game night.

"Just send it for fucks sake," Zayn groaned from where he was sitting at the foot end of Louis' bed. "It's already four."

"But what if they don't want to?" said Louis. "Or maybe they already have plans? Then it will just be awkward."

"Louis, you're severely overthinking this," Liam said where he had spawned in the door to Louis' room. "Just send the text. Jesus."

"No need to call me that," Louis mumbled, looking back at his phone. He bit his bottom lip into his mouth in deep thought. Then—

Zayn snatched the phone away from his hand and pressed send.

"No!" shrieked Louis, jumping at Zayn.

Zayn laughed, wrestling Louis so he wouldn't get the phone. Zayn was slightly stronger than Louis—Louis refused to go near the gym, only going on runs—and they kept going until the sound of a notification sounded from Louis' phone.

Louis stiffened, looking at the phone. "Give me it, Zayn."

Zayn grinned, handing Louis the phone.

Liam, who had been an onlooker to their wrestling, sighed and returned to the kitchen.

Louis looked down at Harry's message.

Sure, why not :)) What time and where?

Louis grinned broadly. "He said yes!"

Zayn pinched his hip. "I told you so. Now go take a shower, you stink."

"No, I don't," scowled Louis.

Zayn wriggled his eyebrows at him, and Louis tackled him again.

* * *

Harry and Niall were to arrive at six p.m., and Louis was far from ready. He had no clue what to wear.