Chapter Thirteen - Harry

Harry wondered if people could explode from happiness. If so, he was a ticking bomb. He felt like he could combust any minute as he prepared himself for his and Louis' date.

Louis had said the dinner place was steak-and-burger-fancy. So he opted for a blue turtle neck sweater and black jeans. He was wearing his red Converse, a new coat of mint green nail polish on his nails. He had washed his hair, using curl product to make it extra bouncy. Over it all, he wore his usual long coat.

He was ready half an hour before it was necessary, and he wandered between the living room, Niall's room, and his room, his steps full of excitement.

"He will be here soon, don't worry," chuckled Niall. "Relax, Curly."

"How?" exclaimed Harry, throwing himself on Niall's bed the third time he entered his room. "I'm gonna see Louis!"

"Are you also this enthusiastic every time you're gonna see me?" Niall asked, turning around his desk chair so he was facing Harry.

"No." Harry lay on his back, gazing up at the ceiling. "Did you know Louis' eyes are like the sea and the sky?"

"No."

"You do now." Harry exhaled. "And he kisses so well." Harry faintly touched his lips. "I hope we can kiss a lot tonight."

Niall scrunched his nose. "Sounds fun."

"And he's so gentle," continued Harry. "And understanding."

"Uh-huh."

"And he's so fucking hot, you know?"

"Harry, I'm straight."

Harry let out a low chuckle. "Sorry if I talk too much."

"Nah," Niall said, joining Harry on the bed. "I think it's kinda cute that you've gotten so smitten."

"He's just so perfect I wanna fucking scream! And explode! And... and I don't even know, but everything and nothing."

Niall raised an unimpressed eyebrow at him. "Damn."

Harry nodded seriously. "I like him that much."

"I know you do. And the rule still stands, no banging when I'm home!"

Harry's cheeks turned red. "We are not gonna... do that."

Niall grinned, placing a kiss on Harry's forehead. "I know, but if it comes to that at some point, the rule still stands! Also, I love making fun of you. In a good way."

"Whatever," chuckled Harry, and at the exact moment, the buzzer sounded.

Harry jumped up from his seat, practically running for the door. When there, he pressed the button, speaking into the small speaker. "Who is it?"

"The most handsome man in the world. Obviously," came the reply.

Harry grinned, butterflies basking around his heart. "Can't argue with that. Come up."

"That's what she said."

Harry rolled his eyes fondly, buzzing Louis inside. He quickly brushed his hands over his coat, running a hand through his hair, and then—

A knock sounded on the door, and Harry quickly pulled open the door. His breath was punched out of his lungs as his eyes landed on the man before him. Louis was wearing black jeans, a grey button-up, over it was his denim jacket. His fringe was styled neatly over his forehead, a few strands reaching below his eyebrow. He was freshly shaven, and Harry wondered if it would be bad to just get on his knees right then and there.

He quickly shoved the thought away.

"Lou," he exhaled. "Hi."

"Hi, Haz," Louis said, softly.