Chapter Four - Louis

Once they first began texting, they didn't seem capable of stopping again. Louis seemed to have a new notification from Harry every time he unlocked his phone, and he loved it.

It made butterflies take flight in his stomach, and his heart beat a few beats too fast as he read over Harry's words. It wasn't big things they texted about, mostly just random stuff. Louis asked Harry about his writing, and Harry would ask about his photography. Louis would ask what Harry was doing, and Harry would send a picture of him in the middle of cooking dinner. 

Harry would ask if he and the boys wanted to come over to their apartment to help build their new beds.

It was the Saturday after their trip to the park, and Louis hadn't seen Harry in person since. He stared at the text, nibbling his bottom lip. He had planned on doing some cleaning, maybe going for a run, but he would honestly rather build a bed with Harry and Niall while listening to Harry's records than go out in the Autumn air.

He quickly typed a reply. Let me go ask the boys if they can, but you can count me in for sure.

Seconds later, Harry's reply came.

Harry: Sounds like a plan :))

Harry had a habit of putting that emoji almost in every text he sent, Louis had noticed. It was something he had grown quite fond of. It was almost like Harry's dimples showed through the phone, his eyes shining the way they always did when they looked at Louis.

Louis left his room, walking into the kitchen. "Parents!" he yelled into the room. "I summon you!"

The door to Zayn's room opened, and both Liam and he looked out, confused. They looked like they had been sleeping, a pillow mark evident on Liam's cheek.

Louis furrowed his eyebrows. "Having a sleepover without me? How rude."

"Um—"

"I have plans for us today if you'd like to join," Louis said. "They involve a certain boy named Harry."

"Oh." Zayn's eyes lit up in interest. "Do tell more."

"He and Niall are building their beds today," Louis said. "They didn't get them until today, and they're asking if we wanna join. There's beer and Niall is bringing pizza from his shift at work."

"Doesn't sound all bad," Liam said. "I'm in."

"Same," Zayn grinned. "I gotta watch this romance go down." He wriggled his eyebrows. "Especially after your romantic trip in the park."

Louis' cheeks turned crimson. "Shut up, it was not. Besides we are just friends."

"For now," Liam said.

"I don't even know if he's queer yet, Payno," Louis said.

"With the way he gets when he's around you, how could he not be?" Zayn asked.

Louis shrugged, smiling slightly. "I hope you're right. I just... I really fucking like him. God, this ain't like me. I haven't had a crush on someone like this... ever actually."

"Which makes it even more adorable," Zayn said.

Louis grabbed an apple from their fruit bowl and threw it toward Zayn. It wasn't even close to hitting him. Zayn just gave him an amused glance.

"I'm just saying facts, Lou."

"And please don't throw the fruits, Louis," Liam said. "I just bought them."

"Sorry, Liam, my other dad was being annoying."

"I was not!"

"You're really getting into this parents thing," Liam amusedly said.