Chapter Twelve - Louis

Not the longest chapter, a bit more of a filler

- - - 

Louis woke up to the feeling of something warm, and slightly hairy, resting upon his chest. That, and an astounding hangover. Louis tried to focus on the positive—Harry who was sleeping on his chest.

The man was resting his head on Louis' chest, his fingers twisting slightly in Louis' T-shirt. His breaths were coming out in small puffs, a bit of drool on his chin.

Louis smiled softly, carding his fingers through Harry's hair strands. He didn't want to wake him up, not yet. Not when he looked so peaceful.

But Harry clearly disagreed, because his eyelids fluttered, and he looked up at Louis with what almost looked like dead eyes. "My. Head. Hurts."

Louis chuckled, wincing. "I can only say the same. Wanna get some painkillers?"

"I would rather not move," Harry mumbled, snuggling closer to Louis. "You're warm."

Butterflies. "Alright, I can live with that." Louis slung his arm around Harry's body, but just then his phone rang from where it lay on the nightstand. He groaned, reaching for it the best he could without disturbing Harry too much.

It was his photography teacher. Mr Brown. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly, accepting the call. "Hello?" he spoke, fingers still moving over Harry's scalp.

"Hi, Louis, I was wondering if you had a few minutes to just talk about your assignment?"

Louis cast a fleeting glance down at Harry. Harry was smiling up at him, nodding softly.

"Um, yeah, sure," Louis said. "What about it?"

"I just finished looking through it," Mr Brown spoke, "and I'm beyond impressed. The photos are... wow. I barely have words for it. You really managed to capture the simplicity of your model's everyday life. And the editing, amazing work."

Louis could feel his cheeks redden. "Thank you, Mr Brown."

"I can already now tell you that you've got a full mark, but there was also something else I wanted to discuss with you."

"Yeah?"

"As you probably know, people in year third and year fourth are, if their grades are good, allowed to take an internship as a part of their education. I'm sure if I showed these photos to my friend, Hans, he would be willing to take you for a few months. He already has an eye out for you as I mentioned."

Louis' lips parted. "Really?"

"Is it something you'd like for me to do?"

"I—Yes, of course," Louis said, grinning. "I would love that. Thank you."

"If this goes well, an opportunity to work with him will definitely be a signed deal in the future if you want it when you get it to that."

"Thank you, I don't even... Wow. Thank you."

"No problem, Louis."

They hung up, and Louis looked down at Harry. "Did you hear that?"

Harry nodded, dimples pooling in his cheeks. "The volume was really loud."

"Oh."

Harry moved up Louis' body so their faces were hovering above each other. "But that sounded really, really great, love. Like..." He wet his lips. "You're so talented."

"I... Thank you." Louis reached up to brush his finger over Harry's cheekbone. "That means a lot."

Harry smiled softly. "My head hurts like shit, but you're welcome."