Chapter Eight - Louis

I hope this chapter turned out alright

- - -

Wednesday, October 13th 1.18 p.m.

Louis: So... what do you say about this Saturday?

Harry ♥️: I say... YES

Harry♥️: :))

Louis: I'll pick you up at seven. Wear warm clothes!

Harry♥️: Deal

* * *

Louis rushed down the street, following the path on his Google Maps. He was cold to his bones. He had to remember to wear more clothes tonight, but first; flowers.

Finally, he reached his destination. He looked up at the big sign that read, "Mary's Flower Shop', and quickly stepped inside the building. A bell chimed above his head, a mix of smells hitting his nostrils.

He looked around the place, not exactly knowing what to look for. There were flowers everywhere, a cashier's desk all the way in the back. No one was standing there. Louis stepped further into the shop, his eyes landing on a poster that hung on the wall. It read We Are Hiring.

Louis pursed his lips, stepping closer. He let his eyes read over the lines, the corner of his lips quirking up. The shop was looking for a new part-time cashier, and the pay made Louis' eyebrows shoot up. It paid much more than a normal part-time job would. He quickly fished his phone out of his pocket, snatching a photo.

"Can I help you?"

He turned around, being met by a short woman who had appeared by the cashier's table. She had smile wrinkles on her face, and greying hair. She looked to be in her fifties.

"Um, yes," Louis said. "I'm looking for some flowers to bring my date. And I know nothing about flowers. Just don't roses, way too cliché."

The woman walked to him, smiling. "That's understandable. Is it a first date?"

"Yeah," Louis grinned shyly. "I finally got the guts to ask him out."

The woman smiled. "Now that's lovely. I would suggest daisies. They smell amazing, can be very vibrant in colour which suits autumn so well, and are overall just very pretty."

"I think I would like a bouquet of colourful daisies, then," Louis said, his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"Alright, let me just get that for you." She walked over to a table full of flowers, plucking out a bouquet. It was beautifu. "Do you want a card with it?"

"Um, no thank you."

"Alright, what about a fine packaging or is the see-through plastic fine?"

"It's perfect, thank you," Louis said, following the woman to the cashier's desk. He watched as she scanned the price, and handed over some cash to pay.

"I saw you're hiring," he said as she gave him the bouquet. "And... the guy I'm going on a date with happens to be looking for a job. I think maybe this could be something for him. Is it very urgent for you to find someone?"

"Kinda, yeah," the woman said. "Right now it's only me. We used to be two, but my old part-time worker had to move away. I love my job, and I love being one of the only ones, but I need help. Even a workaholic needs help, you know?" She chuckled slightly.

Louis wet his lips. "I will mention it for him."

"That's so kind of you," she said. "I hope the date will end well."