Chapter Six - Louis

"I'll just say, the work you've all done on your last assignment has been more than amazing," Louis' professor, Mr Brown, said. "I have overlooked them all, given grades, noted what can have made them better. You can find the feedback in an email I have sent. Now, I already have the next assignment ready, and it has to be finished on October 20th. There have to be at least fifteen photos, and they have to be edited. The assignment sounds like this, you have to find a person and follow them for a day. You have to take pictures throughout the day. Try to capture the 'normal' of a day in this person's everyday life. It's called 'An Ordinary Day In An Ordinary Life'. I have also sent the assignment via email. Now, get out of here so I can lock the door."

Louis quickly grabbed his belongings together, stuffing them down his bag. It was the Monday after the party, and since then he hadn't seen Harry. They had texted, but he longed to see the curly-haired man in person. He missed him.

Louis aimed for the exit along with every other student, but just as he passed by Mr Brown, the man said, "Louis, stay for a moment, will you?"

Louis stopped in his tracks, looking at Mr Brown. "Yes?"

"I just wanted to talk to you about your assignment on animal life," Mr Brown said. "Amazing work. Some of the best I've seen in a long time."

"Really?" Louis' heart sped up, his cheeks tinting red.

"Really," Mr Brown nodded. "And, I have mentioned your talent to a friend of mine who works in the model world. I showed him some of your work, and he said that if you kept going in that direction, he would love to have you come work for him once you finish your last year here."

Louis gawked at him. "Are you kidding me? An opportunity like that..." He trailed off. "Really?"

Mr Brown nodded, grinning. "Keep up the good work. An opportunity like this will make your dream of your own company much easier to accomplish."

"I... I don't even know what to say," Louis said, stunned. "Thank you."

Mr Brown patted his shoulder. "Keep up the good work. I expect a lot from you on this next assignment. Anyone in mind you would wanna photograph?"

Louis wet his lips, the corner of his lips pulling up. "There is a person I think would be just right for this."

* * *

"So... you're just gonna spend the day with me and take pictures of what I do?" Harry asked, his voice warming Louis' heart even through the phone.

"If you want to," Louis asked. He had just gotten home, his bag next to him. "Could be fun?"

"I'm sure it would," Harry softly said. "How long do you have for the assignment?"

"Fifteen days," Louis said. "And I also need to have time to edit the photos, so if we can do it as quickly as possible?" It was a valid excuse to get to see Harry as quickly as possible.

"You can come over tomorrow?" Harry asked. "I don't have any lectures, so I was planning on having a very ordinary day. Just cooking, grocery shopping, the gym. That kinda shit."

"That sounds perfect. I don't have any lectures either," grinned Louis. "What time?"

"Nine a.m.?" Harry suggested.

Louis groaned. "Styles, that's so early."

"Well," Harry said, laughing slightly, "you're supposed to show what my life is like, and that starts at nine a.m., so live with it."

Louis smiled fondly, butterflies basking in his stomach. "I think I can live with that."

"Good," Harry said. "Now, I'm sorry, but I have to hang up. I have an assignment for English I need to work on."