Chapter Nine - Harry

Harry faintly touched his lips, letting out a low Wow as the door closed behind him. He had just kissed Louis. It had been brief, but it had brought forth the warmth in all of Harry's body, igniting it on fire.

Harry had kissed a few people before, but never had he kissed anyone who kissed the way Louis did. He couldn't contain his smile. It spread over his face faster than a virus, and once there, it seemed impossible to wipe off.

He had kissed Louis.

And it had been freaking amazing.

* * *

The following day, Harry biked to the flower shop. It was the one Louis had told him about. He had texted him—they had a lot since the night prior—asking for the address. Gladly, Louis had granted it to him.

The bell chimed above Harry's head as he stepped inside, the strong aroma of a ton of different flowers hitting him. He loved it. He let his eyes scout around the shop, his eyes landing on a cashier's desk standing by the far end of the shop. He walked up to it, furrowing his eyebrows as he cluelessly looked around.

His eyes landed on a small bell. Hesitantly, he moved his hand to touch it, but just then a door on his right opened. Out stepped a woman whose big smile made up for her height.

"Hello," she greeted. "Can I help you?"

Harry cleared his throat. "Well, yes. I'm here regarding the job offer. A... friend of mine mentioned it to me."

"Ah, I see." She stopped behind the cashier. "Happen to be the date of a very nervous-looking young man yesterday?"

Harry's cheeks blossomed red. "Yeah, that's me."

"My name is Mary," she said, holding a hand out for Harry to shake over the desk.

Harry took it, shaking. "'M Harry."

"Well, Harry," said Mary, "the job is a relatively simple one. Stand here behind the cashier, and sometimes it will also entail that you help me in the back of the shop. It's part-time, and you can decide yourself when your shifts are gonna be, that way you can fit it in with studies or whatever else you have to do. Though, if you want full pay every month, you have to take on a certain amount of shifts."

"I think I would really, really like it," Harry said. Then he added, "I love flowers."

"Then you're hired," Mary said. She was smiling warmly. "Anyone who loves flowers is gonna love working here. When can you start?"

"What about... tomorrow already?"

* * *

"Niall! I got the job!" yelled Harry as he stepped into the apartment. He shrugged his coat off, furrowing his eyebrows as his eyes landed on a pair of well-known Vans. Next to them stood two other pairs of shoes Harry was unfamiliar with.

"That's great!" came Niall's reply just as he showed up at the door. He was holding a box in his arms. "I got my new Playstation, finally! I hope you don't mind I invited the boys over for Fifa."

Harry swallowed, his eyes landing on the shoes. "Is... Louis here as well, perhaps?"

"Yes." Niall nodded, grinning. "No need for applause. I know I'm amazing."

"But—I'm still wearing my night clothes!" exclaimed Harry. He hadn't bothered to change since it would be a short trip outside and his coat would be hiding his attire anyway. "I look like shit!"

Niall scoffed. "Like Louis would care. Come in. We're in the living room." With those words he disappeared, leaving Harry to panic.

Slowly, Harry took off his boots, exhaling deeply. Louis was in his living room. Louis whom he had been on a date with. Whom he had kissed.