Chapter Sixteen - Louis

Liam and Zayn had gone on their first day as an official item. Louis loved playing the role of "You better bring him home to his curfew," except for the part where both men were living in the same building. Louis chose to ignore that part.

But the two of them being out on a date also meant that Louis had the apartment for himself. But Louis didn't want to be alone. He knew that the minute Liam and Zayn announced they were going out. So Louis did the only reasonable thing and called his boyfriend.

Harry was going to come straight from his shift from work, bringing pizza as well.

Louis looked at the time on his phone. Only half an hour. He let out a breath, dramatically throwing his arm over his eyes where he lay on the couch. He sighed, wetting his lips.

His phone ringing startled him, making him sit up immediately. His eyes landed on it, his professor's name looking back at him. Louis quickly grasped for it, fumbling as he pressed the accept button.

"Hello, Mr Brown," he breathlessly spoke. "What do I owe the pleasure?"

A low chuckle met him. "Hello, Louis, you sound out of breath."

"Well, you startled me," Louis said, a grin touching his lips.

"I apologise, I'm just calling regarding the internship."

"Oh?" The breath left Louis' lungs.

"I have talked to Hans. He would be willing to take you in for about three months, starting in January."

"What? Really?" Louis asked.

"Yes, really," Mr Brown said. "He's really impressed by your talent. It will be for three months, as I mentioned, four times a week, six hours each, and you'll get pretty fair pay. Meanwhile, you of course don't have to participate in any lectures at the University. So, do you want me to give you his number?"

"Yes!" Louis said, probably a tad too loudly. Then more calm, "Yes, I would really, really love that."

"Good," Mr Brown said. "I'll tell him you have agreed and send you his number immediately. That was all."

"Alright." Louis wet his lips. "Thank you."

"No, thank you for being such a dedicated student, Louis. This is very well deserved."

After they hung up, Louis found himself jumping and dancing around for ten minutes straight in happiness. When he heard the buzzer, he only got more giddy. On light steps, he walked to the hallway, pressing down on the button. "Harry?"

"That's me," came the reply, and Louis could practically hear the grin in the other man's voice.

"Come up," Louis said, pressing the button that would open the door for Harry.

It didn't take Harry long to move up the flight of stairs. When the knock sounded, Louis pulled the door open harshly, almost knocking it into the wall. Keyword: Almost.

"Baby, hi," breathed Louis, a warm feeling settling in his body at the sight of his boyfriend. Hair mushed. Grey sweatpants. Converse. Two pizza boxes in his arms. Lips parted in... surprise. Louis tilted his head to the side. "Why are you looking at me like that, love?"

Harry finally seemed capable of speaking, his tongue running along his bottom lip. "You called me Baby."

"Oh." Louis' whole face turned the darkest shade of red. He hadn't even realised. "I'm sorry—"

Harry cut him off, quickly placing the pizza boxing on the ground. He cupped Louis' face in both of his hands and kissed him. Louis let out a startled sound, placing his hand on Harry's waist. Softly, he kissed back.