Chapter Twenty-Four - Louis

Louis had put a lot of thought into Harry's present. He had spent weeks trying to decide, and even though it didn't seem like that much, Louis knew it would mean a lot to Harry.

Both he and Harry had work that day so they wouldn't see each other until that evening.

Louis started the day out by singing Happy Birthday into his phone, sending it as a voice message to Harry. Harry replied, Thank youghfgufygh <3 Can't wait for later

Louis couldn't wait either.

All day they texted.

All day Louis was buzzing with the need to see Harry.

Even if it had been mere hours since they last had seen each other, he was still equally excited to see him each time.

Louis had slowly come to the realisation that the feelings he felt for Harry were probably love. He didn't know how to describe it otherwise. Harry made his heart skip a beat at the best times. He made Louis feel beautiful. He made him feel talented. He made him feel so many things, and Louis was so, so in love.

At Christmas, when he had talked to his mother about being in love, was when he had slowly begun to realise it, but lately, it had hit him hard every time he laid eyes on Harry, and he had to suppress those three words. They had been dating for months now. It was okay to feel it, Louis just wasn't sure if Harry was all the way there yet. So he would wait to say it. It was just hard not to when the words always lay ready on his tongue.

After work, Louis quickly went home to change clothes. He styled his hair, shaved his beard, and cleansed his skin. He put on jeans, a green jumper, and his Vans. He then nicely asked Zayn to wrap his present for him because he wanted it to be pretty for Harry.

"Twenty-two years on Earth and still has no clue how to wrap a present properly," sighed Zayn, but he did it nonetheless.

Louis kissed his cheek. "Thanks, Zed."

He called a cab for the drive due to that it was pouring down.

The ride there wasn't long, and before long, Louis was in front of Harry and Niall's building.

He smiled at it, butterflies swarming his stomach. His boy was up there. His beautiful boyfriend.

Louis was so whipped.

He quickly paid the driver and hurried out of the car, over the sidewalk, up the few steps to the door, pulled out his keys, and unlocked the door.

He loved having a key.

He loved Harry.

He wanted to do a silly little dance of happiness. He had never before tried being this happy. He had never thought it possible.

He hurried up the stairs.

He was slightly out of breath once he reached Harry's door. He knew Harry had gotten home about half an hour ago, and even through the door, he could smell Harry's cooking.

He loved Harry's cooking.

He opened the door and stepped inside. He called, "Honey, I'm here."

Hurried footsteps, and there he was. Harry. Curls collected in a bun, a bit of pizza sauce on his cheek, eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Lou," Harry said, smiling softly. "Hi." He stepped closer, his hands held away from his body. They were covered in flour.

Louis chuckled slightly, putting his bag down on the floor. He went to Harry, gently caressing his jaw. Harry closed his eyes at the gesture, exhaling. "You have a bit here," Louis mumbled, wiping away the sauce stain. He wiped his finger on Harry's apron.