Chapter Fifteen - Harry

Oliver was walking down the hallway, his nose yellow and blue, the result of a bruise painted along it. He was staring angrily at Harry, his eyes boring holes into his skin. Like acid.

Harry adverted his eyes, an uncomfortable feeling creeping up his neck. He feared Oliver would go near him again, but they simply passed each other. His shoulders eased down, an exhale escaping his lips. He hoisted up the bag on his shoulder and aimed for the doors.

* * *

Working alongside Mary in the flower shop had truly become Harry's next favourite thing in the world. He loved the smell, the feeling of picking out the flowers to stand in the window, and he loved the customers. And he loved Mary's stories. Listening to her talk about her and her late husband's adventures when the shop was empty over a cup of tea was a comforting thing that Harry hadn't known he had missed in life.

After his lectures, and his rather weird eye contact with Oliver, Harry had a shift at work. He arrived at four, a headache forming behind his eyes. He groaned, getting off his bike.

He hurried into the shop, the bell above his head chiming. There were a few people there, and Mary was helping a woman pick out a bouquet of roses.

"Harry!" she delightedly said. "You're here. Can you go to the cashier once you have redressed?"

"Yes, of course," Harry said, plastering on a smile. "I'll be quick."

He hurried to the back of the shop, quickly dismissing his jacket to the corner. He grabbed his flower apron, tying it around his waist. He grabbed his phone from his bag, and quickly checked his notifications. A soft smile touched his lips when he saw Louis had texted him.

Mr Handsome Boyfriend: Hey, love. How was your lecture? Are you at work now?

Harry grinned sheepishly, his eyes glued to the message. He quickly typed a reply.

Harry: Yep, I am, but I can feel a headache incoming. For once, I just want my shift to end and go home.

The reply came only seconds later.

Mr Handsome Boyfriend: That sounds awful :(( Anything I can do to help?

Harry: Unless you can send an angel, then I doubt it. But I have to get to work now. See ya <3

He pocketed his phone, scurrying back into the shop.

For an hour, he switched between standing behind the cashier and helping customers. But then the shop emptied out, and Mary insisted they would sit in the back room for a cup of tea.

They moved to the backroom, Mary starting up the kettle. "So, Harry, how's Louis?"

Harry grinned, resting his chin in his palm. "He's great."

"Oh, Sweetheart, you are glowing with happiness," Mary said. She began preparing the teabags.

Harry scrunched his nose, trying to ignore the pounding between his eyes. "He makes me really happy."

"For how long is it you have been together now?" She poured water into the mugs.

"About a week," Harry said. "Best week of my life."

Mary joined him at the table, the two mugs in her hand. She placed one in front of Harry.

"Thank you," he said.

"You're welcome," she said.

Harry stirred around in his cup, pressing his palm to his forehead. Why had Oliver stared at him like that?"