Chapter Ten - Louis

Harry♥️: I'm so, so sorry, Lou, but I have to cancel tonight. I've been feel shit up all night and still sick this morning :(( I'm really so, so sorry. Can we reschedule?

Louis looked over the message from Harry with a sad frown on his face. He twisted his bottom lip between his fingers, the wheels inside his mind scurrying around.

They had been supposed to have their date that evening. Louis was currently at work, having a few hours left from his shift. He didn't have any lectures that day.

He tabbed his fingers against the edge of his phone, waiting for a reply to take form in his mind. It didn't. He exhaled, beginning to type.

Louis: That's okay. Just focus on getting better, yeah? :)

The reply was almost instant.

Harry♥️: But that means I won't be able to see you :( And I will be gone all weekend

Louis smiled fondly.

Louis: Are you suggesting you enjoy my company?

Harry♥️: I do. A lot.

Thank God no one was near Louis to hear the small giggle that escaped past his lips.

Louis: Is Niall there to keep you company?

Harry♥️: Nope. He has two lectures and took a double shift as well.

Louis: Sounds rough

Harry♥️: Yup

Louis: But still focus on getting better

Harry♥️: Fiiiiiiine

Louis pocketed his phone, an idea slowly forming in his mind.

* * *

When his shift ended it was two p.m., and he quickly hurried home on his bike. As fast as he could in the wind. He really needed to see if he could buy a motorbike soon. He had the license, now he just needed the other requirement.

Once home he quickly redressed in casual wear. He looked through his fridge, grabbing the pot filled with soup from the day before. It was Liam who had made it. He put some of it in a box, securing the lid. Once that was done, he grabbed a few teabags of his favourite brand. He put it all into a tote bag, swinging it over his shoulder.

* * *

Louis was standing in front of Harry's building, pondering if he should just drop this, go home, and cry. Maybe Harry wouldn't want his company when he was feeling like shit.

Finally, he decided to just press the buzzer, because he was freezing into his bones. It took some time before the reply came, and when it did, even with Harry's sick, scratchy voice, butterflies belted around in Louis' stomach.

"Hello?"

"It's Batman," Louis said, huskily. "And I bring soup."

A small chuckle. "Come up."

The door buzzed, opening for Louis when he pulled the handle.

He walked up the stairs to Harry and Niall's floor. When he reached the door, he knocked, held his breath, waited. He could hear shuffling on the other side, sniffing. A cough. The door opened, and there Harry was.

A blanket was wrapped around his body. His skin was pale, except for his nose which was slightly red. Dark circles had formed under his eyes.

"Louis?" he asked, voice raspy.