Chapter Twenty-Eight - Louis

Louis didn't experience the love he read about in the books, because, unlike the books, he and his love had no drama between them that tried to separate them. And that was absolutely fine with Louis.

Louis loved being in love with Harry, and it was possibly the easiest thing he had ever done. He didn't need to learn it or anything, it just happened, and it made him so ridiculously happy that he didn't think it possible.

He was so in love and so happy and he just wanted to spend every moment there was with his boy.

Whom he loved.

Who loved him.

Louis still couldn't fathom that they had finally said the words.

But even though Louis would like to whisper the words to Harry at any given time of the day, he still had work. For about four more hours, and then he wouldn't return to Hans's business until after his last year at Uni. It saddened him, but a part of him also missed his lectures and studying in the library alongside Harry, and not having to get up at seven a.m. four times a week.

Maybe going back to what once was wouldn't be so bad. Except now he was in love. That wouldn't change. Ever.

Alas, Louis still needed to finish up his last bit of work.

The day before he had been at a runway and he was currently editing the photographs from there when a knock sounded on his door.

"Come in," he said, looking up from his screen.

The door opened, and Hans stepped in. His arms were clasped behind his back, his usual smile in place. "Louis, hello."

"Hans, hi," Louis said. He straightened his back. "What can I do for you?"

"I need your help quickly," Hans said. "Will you come with me to the reception?"

"Oh." Louis cast a look at his screen. "Sure, but will it be long? I would like to edit at least one before I leave."

"I can't say how long it'll take," Hans said, an apology edged into his words. "But should you not finish, then it's alright."

"Alright." Louis slowly stood up. "You lead the way."

He followed Hans out into the hallway. Their footsteps sounded loudly in the empty space. They took a turn, stepping into the reception, and—

"SURPRISE!"

Louis looked baffled at all the now familiar faces he had gotten to know over the past three months. They were all wearing party hats, and music had begun playing in the background. In the middle of the receptionist's desk, there was a cake box.

Louis' heart melted. "Is... Is this for me?"

Hans grinned. "Of course it is, Louis. We wanna celebrate your time, and future time, here at the company the best way."

Louis had to refrain from crying. "Thank you. Thank you so much."

* * *

On April First, the day after Louis' last day at Hans's company, he and Harry left for the University together. They had stayed at Harry's place for the night, sleeping close to each other.

"I'm going to talk with Miss Olsen today after my lecture," Harry spoke as they walked.

Louis squeezed his hand. "Tell me how it goes, yeah? If you'd like, I can wait for you in the library. We can go back to mine after? And you can stay over if you'd like?"

Harry smiled sheepishly. "When was the last time we spent a night apart?"

Louis furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm... not sure, actually."