Chapter Fourteen - Louis

Warm. Whatever was slung around Louis' back was incredibly warm. It was a comforting presence, making him at ease in an instant. Slowly, he opened his eyes. His gaze landed on an unfamiliar wall. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Where was he?

Then last night crashed into his memory, and a happy feeling surged from his heart and into the tip of every single one of his limbs. He looked down at the arm slung around his waist. He tangled his fingers between the ones on the hand above his heart, and he snuggled closer into the chest behind him.

Harry.

His boyfriend.

He smiled softly at the memory. Harry was his boyfriend and he was currently breathing down Louis' neck. Warm, soft, comforting. Louis sighed, trailing his finger delicately over Harry's hand. He had a tattoo of a cross on his hand. Louis followed the lines of it. He continued up his wrist, arms. When he could no longer reach, he continued the way back down his arm, wrist, hand, fingers.

He felt the puff of air on his neck as Harry exhaled, mumbling, "That feels really nice."

And God. Harry's morning grumble of a voice was possibly Louis' new favourite sound. "Hey, Sunshine," he whispered, turning around in Harry's arms.

Harry's eyes were still half closed, but a small smile touched his lips. Dimples were faintly showing in his cheeks. Louis let his fingers trail over them.

"Good morning, Lou," Harry sighed.

Louis carded his fingers through Harry's curls, a low, pleased sound coming from Harry's throat. "I could get used to waking up like this."

Louis grinned, his eyes finding Harry's. "Yeah?"

"Yeah," confirmed Harry, tenderly touching Louis' face.

Louis smiled softly, snuggling closer to Harry. He tucked his head under Harry's chin, exhaling. He tangled his legs with Harry's, his arm coming to rest around Harry's waist. "You're always so warm."

"And you're always so cold," chuckled Harry.

"That's true." Louis placed a kiss on Harry's throat. "Boyfriend."

Harry giggled at that. "I'm your boyfriend."

Louis couldn't contain his smile. "You're my boyfriend."

Harry placed a kiss on the crown of Louis' head. "Let me just grab my phone so I can check the time. I had set an alarm for nine a.m., but it hasn't sounded yet." He reached for the nightstand, grasping his phone. He unlocked it, and Louis watched the light from the phone reflect in Harry's eyes.

Louis loved his eyes. They were like a never-ending forest with all the most beautiful beings.

"It's half past eight." Harry put the phone away. "Wanna go make some proper breakfast?"

Louis wet his lips. "Waffles, please? They tasted so amazing last time."

Harry grinned. "Sure." He moved to get out of bed, but Louis clung to him. "Louis?"

"I have a problem," Louis said, "my legs no longer work."

"Oh no," chuckled Harry. "What can I do?"

"Carry me, doy."

Harry rolled his eyes fondly. "Alright."

"Wait, really?" Louis asked, his eyes opening wide. "I was joking, Haz. I'm too heavy—"

"Louis, I go to the gym for a reason," chuckled Harry.

"To carry boys?"

"Nah, just my boyfriend."