Issue #1 - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

"You." She spoke, a strange coldness to her voice.

She stared at me, her eyes dead and completely focused upon me. Her face was completely neutral, a far cry from her usual expressions.

The Hero of Hope no longer looked very heroic.

And probably why was because of the dark crimson blood splattered on her face and costume. It dripped down her tightly clenched fist, joining the puddle of blood at her feet.

"You're supposed to be my arch-nemesis." She whispered. "Why? Why aren't you mine?"

Woah! Hold on there for just a moment, this is going way too fast! Let's slow down for a moment for the dear readers.

Hello there. As you can tell, I'm in an...odd, situation at the least. One that I'm not fully sure how I got into.

But you can't just start off a story with this! No no no, we need to go to the beginning. The day that would eventually lead to having a psycho, murderous hero obsess over me, along with other things...

So, let me set the scene for you.

Imagine a classic bank robbery. Three ski-masked men, all with guns and a bag for cash. One is at the register, pointing his pistol at the person behind the counter in order to get them to fill the bag with money.

The other two are patrolling, holding rifles as they walked back and forth between the innocents on the ground. All of them are sitting, huddling together in fear as they watch the robbers with shaking eyes.

"Quicker! I don't have all day here." Growled the first robber, the one pointing the gun at the nervous man behind the counter.

The man gulped, continuing to shakily throw cash into the bag as he hurried to not get his brains blown out.

So, who exactly am I?

Am I the nervous man behind the counter? Am I the scared but brave girl in the corner, trying to secretly send an alert with her phone? Could I be the young boy clutching onto his mother with teary eyes? Or maybe I'm the young man who is lightly comforting the ones around him by placing hands on their shoulders?

No, I'm none of those.

Maybe now is the time to mention I'm not exactly the best person.

"Quicker!" I yelled again at the man behind the counter, continuing to point the gun at him. He frantically nodded, looking into my eyes with fear as he followed through with my demands.

Yeah, I'm the one wearing the ski mask with the gun pointed at the man behind the counter.

Jason James, nice to meet'cha. Just your resident twenty-one year old powerless grunt to the supervillain known as Deathhand. Aren't I just a wonderful person?

Seriously, if this guy doesn't hurry up we're gonna get caught. The plan we were told to follow was to have multiple banks hit at once so at least one can succeed, and I don't want ours to be one of the ones unfortunately stopped by a hero.

I would rather not go to prison just yet, thank you very much.

The man behind the counter finally finished putting the money into the bag. Keeping the gun and my eyes trained on him, I zipped up the duffel bag before slinging it onto my back.

Damn, this is heavier than you would think!

"Alright, we're moving! Now!" I yelled at the other two.

"Why so quick?" One of the other robbers questioned. "We should get a second bag while we can."