Issue #47 - Confronting The "Inner Demon"

"I am so very curious." He grinned to himself. "Will the powers be the same as Miracle's? Will they be more like Stellar's? Or will it be a mix? Only one way to find out!"

Oh yes, give the guy who wants to kill you powers, that'll surely go well.

I glared at Vincent as he approached with the syringe. He grabbed onto my arm, maneuvering it to properly stab the syringe into my bloodstream. I flinched as he pressed down on the syringe, injecting the liquid straight into my bloodstream.

He backed up, discarding of the empty syringe. He watched me with a grin as I simply laid there. Isn't this supposed to do something-

OH FUCKING HELL!

It suddenly felt like I was burning under the skin of my arm, as if my whole skeleton was on fire. I grit my teeth as the horrific sensations started to spread to the rest of my body.

I involuntarily shook, letting out a scream of agony as the pain continued to spread and increase. It felt like my whole insides were being melted and mushed all together.

"Hm, who knew a forceful awakening would be so painful?" Vincent noted to himself.

I grit my teeth, grinding them together to try and stop the sounds coming from my mouth as I writhed in agony. My senses were overwhelmed and I couldn't tell if I was supposed to be on fire, suffocating, getting stabbed to death, or being mauled by an alligator.

Sweat rolled down my face in a constant speed, my vision going blurry as it got into my eyes. And then after god knows how long the pain finally subsided.

I heaved heavy breaths, my chest rising and falling as I tried to recover. Other than the whole insurmountable pain that I just went through, I actually didn't really feel different.

"I kind of expected something to happen by now." Vincent spoke, grabbing my face and making me look at him. "Go on, do something."

"I'd spit in your face again but you'd probably like it." I crookedly grinned.

Vincent sighed, letting go of my face. "I'll give you one more chance before I resort to more...unpleasant methods."

"Talking to you is already unpleasant, don't think it can get worse than that." I chuckled.

"You asked for it." Vincent shrugged.

He suddenly flicked a knife out of his pocket and slammed it down onto my side. I gasped in pain as the knife dug through my flesh and into my body.

"Your S-Genome should be awakened now." He continued. "So I wonder if I can make it reveal itself through fight or flight responses? Life or death situations?"

He yanked the knife out of my side. I grunted in pain, feeling the sting from the wound as crimson liquid dripped from my side.

"How many stabs do you think it will take?" He questioned. "I'm estimating about five, depending on where I place them."

"You should release me." I smirked. "I have a feeling my powers will show themselves then."

"Still running that mouth of yours." Vincent replied, unbothered. "You almost make want to sow it shut."

He slammed the knife into my thigh. I grit my teeth once more as he pulled the blade out, letting me start to bleed out from my thigh as well.

"I should probably seal those wounds before you actually bleed out on me." Vincent hummed to himself. "I want to learn more from you before you're discarded. I hope you don't mind a little bit of...cauterizing."

He grinned, pulling up my shirt to see the wound in my side, only to pause. He stared at my side in confusion, before suddenly poking it.

Surprisingly it didn't hurt.