Issue #26 - William? Never Heard of Him

William Wilkins.

A former alias I used once for five months. Back when I was with the Cromwell Mafia Family. After a job went wrong I faked my death in order to escape.

And it worked! Until I stupidly revealed myself to Don Clyde at that damn masquerade ball.

And now I have a bounty. I know deserting isn't good and all but is that seriously worth a whole whopping $300,000 on my head?!

That's more than I've earned since joining Mother Wasp! Not that she hasn't paid me handsomely, but it almost makes me want to turn myself in.

Hey hey hey, I said almost. Don't look at me like that.

"So, where at villain-con should we explore next?" I hummed to myself, walking with Sophie and Mother Wasp.

"Ah, if it isn't Mother Wasp." A voice came from our left. I turned to the side to see who it was, only to freeze.

"Plague, it's been a while." Mother Wasp greeted.

The man wore a long, dark trenchcoat with a plague doctor mask and a top hat on. He had black tactical boots and black gloves to fully finish the look. There was a belt slung across his chest holding multiple green vials.

That's The Plague right there. The first villain I ever worked for.

Please stop bringing every person from my past to bite me in the ass all at once...

"Congratulations on achieving Threat Level 2." He stated, before turning to me. "And who is this one here?"

"This is my partner." Mother Wasp grinned, wrapping an arm around me.

I guess second in command does mean partner in crime, huh?

"I see. Congrats once again." The Plague replied. "I suppose you wouldn't be willing to lend him to me for some...experiments, then?"

"Afraid not." Mother Wasp smiled, a dangerous edge to it.

"Unfortunate." The Plague muttered, walking away. "It is so difficult to find test subjects..."

"You can't tense up every time a villain appears, my little worker wasp." Mother Wasp spoke. "Us villains feed off of fear. But either way, I'll protect you."

"Thanks..." I sweatdropped.

"Master." Sophie tugged on my shirt to make me look at her. "I will also protect you. Better."

"Right. Well, uh, that seems interesting!" I pointed to something random to change the topic before another fight broke out.

Eventually they're going to get physical at this rate...

We ended up finding a place selling different kinds of armor. Mother Wasp got me a bulletproof vest, which I then started wearing under my hoodie.

After that we checked out a few other things, such as an arm wrestling area where the tables kept getting broken, a pool filled to the brim with piranhas, and a villain looking for henchmen which Mother Wasp promptly dragged me away from.

As we were walking I noticed something strange up ahead. Throughout the crowd of people was a group walking uniformly, each and every single one of them in a black suit with a red tie. They were walking the opposite direction of us, meaning that they were getting closer.

And then, through a gap of the crowd I saw who exactly it was. That's the Cromwell Mafia Family. Of course they're here.

I quickly pivoted to the side, moving over to the nearest stand where there was another illegal weapon maker. Though looking at this stuff, it didn't seem as good as Trey's.