Issue #10 - My First Superpowered Fight

A loud bang rang from my pistol as a bullet sped out, but still long enough for him to dodge as he dashed at me.

I fired the pistol multiple more times, only for him to somehow deflect each and every single one of the bullets with those mechanical spider-like legs behind him.

I dodged out of the way as he leaped at me, landing right where I just was.

"Master?" Sophie's voice called out in the distance.

"Oh, there's a second little victim?" He grinned, an unsettling feeling washing over me.

"Stay at it!" I ordered, yelling back to Sophie. "I'll hold him off!"

The creepy spider guy giggled. "Little one-"

"Shut up, at least I don't have a lame-ass name like Flycatcher." I interrupted.

Seriously, you could've done much better!

Like, Tarantula! Arachnophobia! Black Widow-

Shit, never mind, you aren't an awesome redhead assassin.

Daddy long legs-

I never suggested that.

My interruption seemed to tick him off as he let out a low growl, lunging at me once more. I dodged the attack, bringing my pistol to whip him in the face with it.

He caught my wrist with a surprising strength, before chucking me against a wall. I slammed into it, immediately feeling the pain in my back.

"Ow, I'll be feeling that tomorrow." I groaned.

"Flycatcher will teach the arrogant one a lesson!" He screeched, leaping towards me on all fours.

"What the hell-?!" I rolled to the side as his mechanical spider leg stabbed straight through the wall. I watched as he slowly turned towards me, a sharp edge coming out of the end of each mechanical spider leg.

You gotta be kidding me.

I backed up as his mechanical spider legs swiped at me, doing my best to dodge them. I hissed as one scratched my shoulder, leaving a tear in my clothes and a thin red line on my skin.

I quickly flipped on the safety, before reeling the gun back and chucking it at his face. My unique move took him off guard, allowing the gun to perfectly hit him square in the face. He stumbled backwards as my pistol clattered to the floor.

I cracked my knuckles, taking a step forwards and sending a fist across his face. He stumbled back, but his mechanical spider legs went to action and swiped towards me, forcing me to step backwards.

"You bitch!" He growled, leaping towards me.

"Someone has a short temper!" I grinned, rolling under him and starting to run.

"Arrogant one cannot escape!" He shouted, quickly turning around and running after me.

Don't mind me, just going to grab this fallen chair here!

He dashed towards me, sending a mechanical spider leg forwards. I threw the chair up, the spider leg piercing straight through it but not far enough to hit me.