Issue #73 - Hope Is...Helping?

"Why not both?" I grinned back.

What the hell is happening?

"Good." Stellar smirked. She stood up, extending me a hand. I hesitated for a moment, still surprised at this current situation, before grabbing her hand and allowing her to pull me up.

She yanked me forwards, causing me to crash into her. She held me closely for a moment, before finally letting go.

"So what's with this?" Stellar asked, lightly poking at the dead body with her foot. One which was headless thanks to said hero descending from the sky and flattening their face.

"Well, that was Stromford's newest henchman." I replied. "Probably to replace Nightshade. And now they're just dead."

I looked back up at Stellar. "What are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stellar smiled. "For you, Ski Mask."

Fuck.

Also, it's Checkmate.

Have a problem? Please respond after the beep.

There is no beep.

"When I saw the smoke rising, I had a feeling it was you." Stellar continued. "And of course, as your archnemesis, I was right."

Wait, smoke?

I looked up through the hole in the ceiling, seeing smoke rising into the air. Either that's because of the explosion I did earlier or that's from Sophie and Isolation's fight.

"Okay, so, do I get a head start...?" I nervously chuckled.

"Oh Ski Mask, I don't think you understand." Stellar cooed as she leaned in towards me. "I'm here to help you."

"You-" I paused. "Huh?"

"I'm going to help you take down this Stromford base." Stellar stated once more. "After all, aren't they responsible for Miracle's death?"

So that's her angle.

She wants to avenge Miracle. Then maybe when that happens, she'll go back to normal! Maybe? Possibly? Not sure, but her goal does align with mine!

She seems pretty fine as well, for how our last encounter ended. I do wish I could've broken the news to her a little better, but hey, seems like it worked out!

Other than the fact she seems to now have a murderous tendency...

But y'know, it could be worse!

"Yes." I replied. "Though most responsible is a man named Vincent Vandercourt. So if you ever happen to run into him, punch his face in."

"Oh, I'll do much worse than that." A feral grin spread across her face.

"This is..." Mother Wasp's voice spoke into my ear. "...interesting."

"I don't disagree there." I replied.

"Good, you understand." Stellar added, and that's when remembered that she couldn't hear Mother Wasp.

I put my hand up to my ear, mimicking activating the earpiece. "What's the status on The Maid?"

"She's doing fine." Mother Wasp informed. "They're wreaking havoc all across the building. Isolation is a tough opponent, but she won't beat Maid without Prototype."

"All right. Make sure she knows Stellar is working with us at the moment. We're going to set up the final bombs, then it's time to go." I ordered.

"Yes sir~" Mother Wasp whispered, her voice a little too sultry for the situation.