Issue #57 - An Unusual Partnership

(Bloodwraith POV)

I sighed to myself, sniffing deeply into Jason's shirt that I "borrowed" from his room when he wasn't in there. It was much more difficult than usual, not having my powers. With them it's easier to steal-

AHEM! Borrow one of his recently worn shirts.

Ah, truly the greatest smell~!

How incredibly wonderful! This scent is something that I don't think I could live without anymore! It's just so addicting...

Oh, Jason~!

"Ehehehe..." I giggled to myself, rolling across the roof as I continued to huff his scent into my lungs, taking up as much as I could.

All mine~!

"And what are you doing?" A voice entered my ears.

FUCK!

"What do you want?" I glared at Foxfire, holding the shirt close to my chest as I sat up. She was clad in black, wearing her ninja-like attire.

She gazed at me with a disapproving stare, bags under her eyes.

"Did you forget we were meeting here?" Foxfire questioned.

"Of course not!" I grinned. "But I'm surprised you actually saw me!"

"It's hard not to when you're rolling across the roof like that..." Foxfire sighed. "...did you forget that your power has been temporarily disabled?"

"I didn't forget." I rolled my eyes at her foolishness.

Her eyes trailed down to the shirt in my hands, thoughts going through her mind. Immediately I knew what this little skank was up to-!

She lunged forwards at a surprising speed. I barely rolled to the side, keeping the shirt in my safe clutches.

"Hand it over." Foxfire ordered.

"Why should I?" I spat.

"We're working together, aren't we?" I could feel the smile in her words. "You should share if you'd like to keep my support."

I grit my teeth in frustration.

THIS LITTLE-!

"You better hope you don't make me have to kill you." I frowned, tossing her the shirt. She caught it in one hand, using the other to pull down the mask covering the lower half of her face. "Because I will make it VERY painful."

She pulled the shirt up to her face, taking in a deep sniff. She sighed in bliss, standing there for a few seconds with closed eyes as if she had just entered heaven.

I bit on my nails, glaring at her with jealousy and anger as she continued to take in all of Jason's scent.

It should've been me!

Not her!

How dare you steal this from me! I'm the one who did the work in acquiring that incredible find!

"So this is his smell..." Foxfire smiled to herself, clutching the shirt closely to her chest. A blush could be seen across her face despite the night as her legs started to lightly shake.

"...this confirms that you are living with Checkmate then." Foxfire frowned.

Stop being smart. Because I will not hesitate to slit your throat if needed be. I don't need my powers to teach a person a lesson.

Don't cross these boundaries if you value your life~!

"Are you sure about that?" I grinned, leaning my face onto my head. "Maybe I snuck into his house?"