Issue #45 - I Made A Promise

"I suppose there isn't any way I can convince you to let me go?" I smirked, looking at Prototype as I wiggled in her grasp.

"Nope!" Prototype simply smiled.

Shit, this isn't good.

You're worthless.

Says you, now shut up.

I hope Sophie is okay. She got hit pretty hard and then Stellar returned. She's probably going to be occupied for a short bit, which means I need to figure out a way to get out of this.

The plan? Stall and wait for opening to turn the tides on these two. Since they're robots and well, and of metal, my hidden blades aren't going to really do anything.

But if I can find an opening and go for eye, I should hopefully be able to damage her vision and give myself enough room to turn the tides on them.

I ain't going down without a fight!

"So how did you two become heroes?" I asked.

"You're a strange human." Commented Prototype. "Making small talk while captured!"

"And you're not even hiding the fact you're a robot." I replied.

"No need to. You must've realized since your companion was also an AW-VSD model." Prototype continued.

"Stay quiet, human." Isolation frowned. "You're annoying."

"Nah, I don't think so." I grinned in response. "Annoying people is my speciality."

"I can tell." Isolation muttered.

"You're funny." Prototype smiled. "Sorry about capturing you. Boss' orders."

"I get it, hero business and all." I continued to slowly wiggle, slowly moving my arm and freeing it up. "Are all the AW-VSD models beautiful girls?"

"Of course!" Prototype grinned. "What is the meaning of life other than to be pretty?"

"There is no meaning." Isolation replied, deadpan.

These two have quite the personalities...

I paused as I realized that we were passing the Administration. We've also must've passed the police stations by now. If they aren't taking me to either of those, then where...?

"Where...are you taking me?" I questioned.

"To the boss." Prototype replied.

"And who is this boss?" I worriedly asked.

"That's classified." Isolation stated. "Stay quiet before I shut you up."

"Make me." I stuck my tongue out at her.

Isolation glared in response, before turning her eyes back forwards as she continued to fly us. It seemed like we were...

...leaving the city.

No, no no no no.

It can't be.

They're part of Stromford. Their boss would, theoretically, be Killian. But he's still in the city. He's been very public recently, making sure to keep his image nice and squeaky clean.

You absolute imbecile.

I know realize why I never found him all this time.

You've gotten us captured by the last person we could possibly want.

They're working for Vincent.

And he's been outside of Champion City. But unlike where I thought he might've been in another city...