Issue #60 - That's Why She's The Bloodwraith

(Kasai POV)

He quickly recovered from his shock, sneering at me from behind the desk. Eleanor stood behind me, sunk to her knees and staring at me in disbelief.

It's not your time yet, Bloodwraith.

You have changed.

In the meantime, I am quite excited to burn this pathetic excuse of a man into a crisp. I could feel the excitement coursing through my body, my hands shaking in suspense.

For when this is over...

...he WILL praise me.

And I can hardly wait for that moment of his approval. Of the man I have worked so hard to grab the attention of.

"Go." I glanced back at Bloodwraith.

"I...I can't." She whispered, staring at the floor. Her eyes were red, and droplets of clear liquid shined from the floor.

She was crying. I've never seen her so vulnerable before. I never expected she could ever be so vulnerable before.

"Then watch." I smirked, focusing back on Wilson Waverson and his rageful face.

"You shouldn't have tried to get in the way...whoever you are supposed to be." He growled.

"I am her ally. Her friend." I replied with narrowed eyes. "We had a deal, and I intend to see it through."

Eleanor's eyes widened as she looked up, staring at me.

He scoffed. "You're a fool. Eleanor, I changed my mind. I have a new first target. Your order is to kill this woman."

A powerful feeling washed over the room at those words. I turned around, facing Eleanor as she stared at me with widened eyes, tears at the edge of her eyes as she slowly started to stand up.

"No, no no no..." She muttered under her breath. "Damn it!"

Wilson laughed in a malicious glee, before suddenly releasing a violent cough and sending small sputters of blood across his desk.

I seriously can't wait to snuff your corrupted life, to send your head flying with one swift move.

"No...you need to...you need to go..." Eleanor spoke through gritted teeth, her movements tense and rigid, filled with reluctance and conflict.

She pulled out a knife, and in a moment she rushed me. And while her movements held an intent to kill, her gaze was one of horror and suffering.

A look no one should have to hold.

Her knife deflected off of my blade. In an instant she was already upon me, swinging her blade towards my face. With a slight sidestep I dodged the knife, and the next second I blocked her next strike with my katana.

"Don't underestimate me." I spoke, using the hilt of my sword to knock her knife away and send it flying.

Her body recovered immediately, already sending a fist towards my face. I jumped back, only for her to pursuit once more, sending a flurry of punches.

I grunted as one caught me in the stomach, before another hit me across the face. My vision was dazed as her heel hit my face, a powerful kick in a second. She was truly skilled in a way befitting of the number one assassin and hitman in Champion City.

I ripped my glove off with my teeth as she got close, throwing my ungloved hand at her as if to grasp her face. Her body immediately recognized the danger, jumping back and ending her assault.

"What are you doing?!" Roared Wilson from his seat.

"That woman is much more dangerous than you think." A new voice stated.