Issue #25 - Between A Wasp And A Robot

I looked at my new room. I didn't really have that much stuff to move in, but there was still that fresh room feeling to it.

My room was on the second floor of the house, with the neighboring room being Mother Wasp's room herself. Sophie technically had her own room as well, one which she put her clothes in.

But other than actually changing, she's never in there. She's quite determined to stick into my room. She's already found a way to both charge herself and steal my bed at once.

It's been a week since the last chapter, and in that time I've managed to successfully transfer Gabriel to an Underground clinic, one that may be illegal but is trustworthy enough, and covered my tracks after.

So I shouldn't need to worry about Killian somehow getting his hands to him anytime soon. And there's no others to worry about either. I've gotten the incredible amount of money that Mother Wasp promised, and I've already used a good two thirds of it to ensure Gabriel's survival for a few more months.

Other than that, nothing interesting has really happened. Sophie still sticks around me as much as possible, cooks food for us, and Mother Wasp always finds an excuse to try to cuddle me. She claims that it's my reward for my work at the Masquerade Ball.

Okay, the last thing isn't really that normal but I'm trying not to think about it for my own sanity. She's still my boss after all.

And so now...it's time to chill.

I went down the stairs, laying on the couch in the living room and turning the television on to be greeted with a commerical. Sophie followed, sitting down as I pulled my legs up and gave her the space to.

"Welcome back to Super Live, Champion City's 24/7 superhero and supervillain related news channel." The reporter spoke, the commercial having ended. "The Administration has just released the threat levels for a few new villains."

Threat levels. Numbered 1 through 6, in which the sixth is the most dangerous. They're attributed to villains to give a general idea of how dangerous they are. They're very broad and simple but they serve their general purpose.

Threat Level 1 - Street. These are your villains of the week.

Threat Level 2 - Block. These villains are a little stronger and more dangerous. Usually one hero can still take them down, but sometimes two are needed.

Threat Level 3 - City. This is where things start to get real. Deathhand was classified in this category.

Threat Level 4 - State. These villains are huge threats. Multiple heroes have to band together to stop them. Luckily they're rare.

Threat Level 5 - Country. Only one villain has ever been classified in this category, and this villain is what caused the creation of the Champions, the legendary superhero team.

Threat Level 6 - World. A villain who could take over the whole world. None have ever been classified in this category ever, but they still have it.

"Both Mother Wasp and The Maid have been classified as Threat Level 2." The reporter explained.

The Maid? Is that what they're calling Sophie?

Can't they do something better-

"The Maid." Sophie commented. "Acceptable. I like it."

You know, it's not bad. It's not Death Dagger-

I still can't take that name seriously.

The sound of footsteps coming down the stairs resonated from behind me. "Hm." I heard another Wasp hum. "They didn't give a threat level for you."